TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Apr-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Beasles

Will I really be able to see more than 4 channels?

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this... I have read over many posts here, did my TV signal analysis, read the report, so I suppose I am still skeptical that I may be able to watch a number of stations I previously paid the cable company to watch....? I suppose it depends on the quality of antenna (and placement, of course) you buy??
I am interested in getting the main networks, fox, abc, cbs, nbc, and I do currently watch a lot of Bravo (ch 32 for me), animal planet, and wouldn't mind keeping nickelodeon, any kid channels. My question is- aren't those 'cable' channels? (the bravo and animal planet, nick) Could I possibly get them with an antenna? I wonder b/c If so, I don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't just dump cable and get a good antenna? (I understand some people don't care, just want to have every channel they want, and money is no object, of course) If I get an antenna, do it right, how likely am I to get all the channels in the green and pink zone? Sorry kinda long and skipping around, just trying to get everything out of my brain that's being questioned in my mind! Thank you for any help!!! I'm skeptical, yet hopeful!
Beasles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Apr-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Beasles

oops, I meant in the green and yellow zone!
Old 10-Apr-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

Please help us help you by posting a link to your TV Fool signal prediction report.

Guidelines When Asking for Help

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 10-Apr-2012 at 11:49 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Apr-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
Beasles

I suppose I should edit, not reply to my own post? But I checked DTV.gov, and according to them, I will only get 7 channels. I'm just trying to get a second opinion before I go out and buy an antenna. Thanks again!
Old 10-Apr-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Beasles

Duh! I totally forgot, sorry:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...3616c882a41926
Old 11-Apr-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
GroundUrMast

A single antenna such as the Winegard HD7696P, aimed east, mounted above the roof, clear of obstructions such as trees and buildings, would give you the following networks:
CBS, MyN, CW+, ThisTV, NBC, FOX, ABC, AccuWeather, Jewelery TV, Daystar, PBS, Florida Channel & Create. There's a chance you'd see RTV and Tourist Channel also.
A more complex system could add other stations.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 11-Apr-2012 at 12:19 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Apr-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Beasles

Thank you for your reply- Well, at least I would get the big '3' networks, can still watch my american idol! East facing is good, there's nothing in the way, but west, there's some freakishly tall pine trees, and they could be a problem. If I got a 'bigger better' system, is there a way to tell what I could get? I.E. is there any way to get Bravo? Thank you once again-
Old 11-Apr-2012, 2:08 AM   #8
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

Bravo and IE are pay cable and pay satellite channels.

Last edited by Electron; 11-Apr-2012 at 7:11 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Apr-2012, 7:38 AM   #9
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

Here is the way I find out what main digital channel and digital sub channels are transmitted by the Tv station. As an example , type the Tv station call sign in the Google search box like this , wtvy tv , Google will list many links to go to , the 2 main links to go to are wikipedia.com and rabbitears.info . Also there are several on line Tv guides to find out what programing is on , here is one of them , http://www.zap2it.com
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Apr-2012, 4:39 PM   #10
Beasles

Ok, no Bravo, etc. That's what I was confused about... Thank you for all your help!