TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 28-May-2015, 7:34 PM   #1
peter330

Condo Setup - Toronto

Hello everyone!

I've searched around and cant really find a definitive answer.

I am moving into a condo 15th floor. My unit is north facing and will not have a direct line of sight to my best towers -CN Tower and tower in Buffalo as those face to the back of my unit with no windows.

My questions is, what can I expect to receive if I have a good indoor antenna? Would having an outdoor multibay antenna on the balcony facing back through my unit penetrate through the walls to get signal from the CN Tower/Buffalo?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f02a3d28b7c9
peter330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-May-2015, 7:53 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
what can I expect to receive if I have a good indoor antenna?
It depends, mostly on the building materials used in the construction of the condo. It will be anything from "nothing" to "not much" to "something".

Quote:
Would having an outdoor multibay antenna on the balcony facing back through my unit penetrate through the walls to get signal from the CN Tower/Buffalo?
Antennas don't penetrate anything. The radio signals must penetrate the building materials and hopefully have enough signal power and quality to to be received and decoded.

Steel and concrete buildings with low-E glass within VISUAL range of towers can have opposite-facing units where reception simply doesn't exist, all the signal gets attenuated before reaching the unit on the "wrong" side of the building. Been there, done that.

Realistically, predicting your reception is impossible, you'll simply have to try it and see what you get.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote