TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Nov-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
VTME09

Reception Help

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...dfaf2e0205f846

I have an Antennas Direct DB8e with one panel pointed 356 deg true north with a Antennas Direct VHF kit for channels (7-13) in the same direction and the other panel pointed 251 degrees true north. I am happy with the reception except for PBS which is I can get on real channel 11 (virtual 51) intermediatly in the summer and decent in the fall and so far this winter with 2 out of 10 signal strength. I tried two amps this summer an RCA TVPRAMP1R and and a Channel Master CM-3410 with no improvement. The only real improvement I have seen is me touching the antenna while up on a ladder.

There is another PBS channel real channel 3 (virtual 15) which I randomly picked up with my current setup one rainy day this fall. It seemed really weird to me that my small VHF antenna would pick up such a low frequency.

Any suggestions? I have been thinking of running a wire down to the gutter and try to replicate the improved signal from something touching it.

I have one to hooked up, 75 feet of RG6 between the antenna and the TV, no splitters, just the Antennas Direct combiner.

Thanks for the help
VTME09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Nov-2016, 12:17 AM   #2
wizwor

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/30-2476
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Nov-2016, 1:02 PM   #3
VTME09

Any more thoughts?
VTME09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Nov-2016, 1:18 PM   #4
wizwor

There is no mystery. You need a better VHF antenna and that one is the best discrete VHF antenna I know of. Real channel 3 is vhf low and I do not know of any discrete vhf-low antennas. It would be big and more expensive than the 30-2476 anyway.

Last edited by wizwor; 5-Nov-2016 at 1:20 PM.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote