TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates

Notices

Old 5-Mar-2014, 7:43 AM   #1
dmfdmf

ALL, VHF Only, UHF Only option on TV Fool report

VHF vs UHF stations is one of the basic starting points in selecting an antenna. Would it be possible to have a selection button for stations by channel type such as All, VHF only, UHF only? (Similar to to the Digital/Analog choice buttons) This would be a handy feature for many users.
dmfdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2014, 3:01 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

There are very few markets that are either all-VHF (nominally one - Bangor ME) or all UHF (several dozen).

For better or worse, mixed-band markets are the norm.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2014, 5:15 PM   #3
dmfdmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
There are very few markets that are either all-VHF (nominally one - Bangor ME) or all UHF (several dozen). For better or worse, mixed-band markets are the norm.
Of course, but the idea is if the list can be broken down by VHF/UHF its easier to see if all the VHF are stations you don't care about or have duplicate networks on UHF which is common, or if the VHF stations are coming in so hot a UHF-only antenna might work okay, or if you are looking at a two antenna system which direction VHF vs UHF is coming from, etc. I'm guessing when you (generic "you") read a TV Fool report you are making this categorization implicitly so it would be nice if the TV Fool could do it for you.
Old 5-Mar-2014, 7:11 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

All you have to do is read the number in the "Real" column.

If it's 14 or greater, it's UHF. If 13 and under, it's VHF.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Mar-2014, 4:28 AM   #5
dmfdmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
All you have to do is read the number in the "Real" column. If it's 14 or greater, it's UHF. If 13 and under, it's VHF.
Yes, of course, the TV Fool report already has this info. My point is that it is not as convenient as it could be. When spec'ing an antenna for a new location you are really spec'ing two antennas. To do the job right you have to break out the UHF channels from the VHF channels and their associated parameters. Not doing this is one of the top rookie mistakes.

If the situation warrants you can have a Combo antenna, or a UHF only antenna or a separate antenna for UHF and VHF aimed in different directions, etc. -- having a separate listing would make this design process much easier.