TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 26-Feb-2014, 4:00 PM   #1
CalidLore

Recommendation west of Portland OR

Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations for my new house I just moved into.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b9488fa92c1c5

My house is on the wrong side of a hill for the stations at the 135 degree mark. (No LOS)
Additionally I am surrounded by large fir trees which are tall enough that no antenna mast will suffice to go over them.
My indoor antenna that worked quite well at my previous house now only picks up KGW 8.

Is there any magic bullet or combination that could pull from both the 135 degree and 180 degree stations? Being as the house also does not have decent internet and I refuse to subscribe to satellite TV I am willing to use a decent amount of energy/cost into getting OTA to work correctly.

Thank you,
-Calid
CalidLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Feb-2014, 5:44 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

I've got the tall Douglas Fir and Western Red Cedar all around also... I can empathize with you. Still, I'd look at the signal report for the conditions at the elevation of your rood peak + 10'. As I look at the path profile of KATU, http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ALLTV%26n%3d11 It looks like you only need a small bit of added height to improve your situation for signals from Portland.

The signals from Salem are blocked by higher terrain. I would expect to need a separate deep fringe antenna dedicated to that market if you are going to have any hope of success in that direction.

Your first TVFR indicates antennas such as the HBU-55, HD7698P or the combination of DB8E + Y10713. But again, it would be helpful to see a TVFR based on added antenna height.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote