TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 1-Jan-2012, 8:38 PM   #1
Mac8

Indoor antenna selection help

Hi, here is the link to the location

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...4033a7e0c5c50d

I would like some advice please on buying an indoor antenna. If it helps any I live in an apt building on the 2nd floor and if possible, would be interested in getting the us channels, abc, NBC, fox, CBS. I just got my HDTV and have not tried any antennas yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I live west island of Montreal if that helps any,
Mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Jan-2012, 8:44 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

If you're limited to using an indoor antenna, you'll have a tough time seeing all of the major US networks. Still, it's worth trying. Reception of the local signals should be much easier.

Consider the Terk HDTVi. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2828

(If I had the option to roof mount, a Winegard HD7698P aimed at Burlington, VT would not be overkill IMO. Reliable reception of the US networks will require that you overcome adjacent and co-channel interference, which is usually the job for a high gain directional antenna. That would still leave you needing a rotator or second antenna for reception of the local signals.)

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 1-Jan-2012 at 8:55 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Jan-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

The tv reception will not and is not the dyer prediction of the other person. You reception situation is really very good. For more accurate information use your exact address. And the default antenna height is 10 feet. Please post an other tv fool radar report at 20 feet. Do not delete the 10 foot one.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Jan-2012, 1:37 AM   #4
Mac8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
The tv reception will not and is not the dyer prediction of the other person. You reception situation is really very good. For more accurate information use your exact address. And the default antenna height is 10 feet. Please post an other tv fool radar report at 20 feet. Do not delete the 10 foot one.
Thanks, i appreciate the help, but before I do that I want to make sure of something, and please don't make fun of me if this is a dumb question but no one can know where I live if I do that or will they?
Old 2-Jan-2012, 2:11 AM   #5
Electron

As you can see with the other question askers posts that the tv fool report only says exact address. It does not show the address. At a minimum , raise the antenna height to 20 feet.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Jan-2012, 5:23 AM   #6
Mac8

Indoor tv antenna selection help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
As you can see with the other question askers posts that the tv fool report only says exact address. It does not show the address. At a minimum , raise the antenna height to 20 feet.
Thus is the link for the exact location

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...4033df4725a2aa

Thanks!
Old 2-Jan-2012, 6:55 PM   #7
GroundUrMast

I'm at a loss to understand how, "Reception of the local signals should be much easier.", sounds "dyer" to anyone. Your updated TV Fool Report also indicates you'll be able to receive local stations using an indoor antenna.

Sadly the newer report is not as optimistic regarding reliable reception of US stations. Some US stations can be received but will require an outdoor antenna system.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote