We're pleased to announce the availability of updated Google Earth coverage maps! These maps are similar to ones available before, but have been updated as follows:
- Updated with latest pre- and post-transition data from the Industry Canada database
- Updated to latest snapshot of FCC database.
The list of available metros and their download links are available in the Coverage Maps
While we're on the subject of coverage maps, on the NEXT round of coverage map updates, we are planning to increase the resolution of the included overlays. This means that file sizes will increase and the load on Google Earth will be greater.
We would be interested in hearing feedback regarding this change. Any feedback is welcome, but the following points would be particularly interesting to us.
- Do you find our Google Earth overlays useful?
- Would you like to see higher resolution versions of the maps?
- What is the 'max texture size' reported by Google Earth's Help->About screen for your computer?
Please let us know your thoughts.