TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 18-Nov-2010, 6:50 PM   #1
jbhopkins

Can I get away with an attic antenna?

I'm pulling the signals to my south just fine with an indoor antenna. But I need to get the CBS and ABC signals to the east. I have a hill in that direction. Asphalt shingles. Anything else I should mention?

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...81a385a74cd405
jbhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Nov-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
John Candle

Television Reception

Is this a , house , apartment , condo. ABC and CBS are to the west.

Last edited by John Candle; 18-Nov-2010 at 10:16 PM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Nov-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
jbhopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
Is this a , house , apartment , condo. ABC and CBS are to the west.
House.

And, of course, by "East" I meant the OTHER east, ie, West. (no wonder I get lost a lot.....)
Old 18-Nov-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
John Candle

Television Reception

I recommend a Winegard HD7694P. Yes put it in the attic and see what happens. The two channels 10 and 8 are in the VHF high band of channels 7 thru 13 and this antenna is made to receives them and also this antenna is made to receive the UHF channels. The UHF part is not needed now , however for the money it is better to buy this antenna because a VHF only antenna will cost the same or more. Amazon looks to have a low price on this antenna. How many tv's will be connected to this antenna?
Old 18-Nov-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
jbhopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
I recommend a Winegard HD7694P. Yes put it in the attic and see what happens. The two channels 10 and 8 are in the VHF high band of channels 7 thru 13 and this antenna is made to receives them and also this antenna is made to receive the UHF channels. The UHF part is not needed now , however for the money it is better to buy this antenna because a VHF only antenna will cost the same or more. Amazon looks to have a low price on this antenna. How many tv's will be connected to this antenna?
I've got a two input HomeRun tuner I'm running the signal into, from there into home network, then one TV and a couple computers.

Thanks!
Old 18-Nov-2010, 11:35 PM   #6
John Candle

Television Reception

Well Ok , you know what to do. Very good.
Old 19-Nov-2010, 4:03 PM   #7
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

From your location in San Diego, you would best be served by a UHF antenna pointed SSE and a high-VHF antenna pointed to the WNW (La Jolla), combined with a U/V diplexer.

The exception might be if you have to have KSDX-LP broadcasting the Spanish-language network "Estrella". You would likely be able to get that one off the "back" of almost any high-V antenna making a rotor unnecessary.

The other complication is whether you need to assure reception of the CW network from it transmitter site in Tijuana or the other Tijuana stations. That will require some additional work.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 19-Nov-2010 at 4:08 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Nov-2010, 1:24 AM   #8
jbhopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
From your location in San Diego, you would best be served by a UHF antenna pointed SSE and a high-VHF antenna pointed to the WNW (La Jolla), combined with a U/V diplexer.

The exception might be if you have to have KSDX-LP broadcasting the Spanish-language network "Estrella". You would likely be able to get that one off the "back" of almost any high-V antenna making a rotor unnecessary.

The other complication is whether you need to assure reception of the CW network from it transmitter site in Tijuana or the other Tijuana stations. That will require some additional work.
The Spanish language stations I don't care about. I'm hopelessly monolingual.

I'm already getting signals from the south very well with an indoor antenna, it's really only CBS and ABC that I'm interested in (football!).

If I have a dual tuner HDHomerun, do I need the DV duplex?