TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Aug-2012, 8:37 PM   #1
imoutru2

Question Special Situation - Boat - Analysis Included

Hi. Thanks in advance for any help. We have an old houseboat on Old Hickory Lake in TN. We have one 32 inch HDTV hooked up with a ROKU and DVD player. I would like to be able to get the 3 major network signals plus Fox if I could. I bout an indoor antenna, and received more stations, but only on network channel - sometimes (depending on antenna placement).

The boat dock is all metal posts, beams and roofing. I am thinking I need an outdoor antenna and that I may have to climb up and put it as high and as far out from under the roof as possible? Is there a certain kind I should buy? Any advice on postion or materials (like would metal to metal connection help).

I am including the TV Fool analysis, although I am still trying to figure it all out!

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9900803c759b8f

Thanks much for any help/ideas.

Anne
imoutru2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Aug-2012, 8:48 PM   #2
teleview

Tv Reception.

If the tvfool radar plot report that you provided is not at the location of where the boat is at , then go to the tvfool home page , go the -->Start MAPS<-- and click on the -->Start MAPS<--.

Move the pointer to the exact location of the boat , make the antenna height 25 feet and click on the button to make a radar plot map.
Old 8-Aug-2012, 9:50 PM   #3
imoutru2

Okay, I did that, and am learning more. It is the exact address of the boat dock. I guess my problem is Line of Sight? I may have to mount the antenna accross the way on a neighbors slip to point the right way and run a long cable.....
imoutru2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Aug-2012, 2:34 AM   #4
teleview

Tv Reception.

Well even so ,

Move the pointer to both locations and make the tvfool radar map reports . make the antenna heights 25 feet.