TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-Dec-2014, 9:25 PM   #1
Montrealsignal

How to bring in some channels

Hi everyone, I have a direct tv DB8E antenna installed on my duplex roof with a 10 foot mast. I get about 25 channels now. I actually downloaded an app on my iphone (called i.TV) to use as a TV guide for now, I am waiting to get and install a TIVO Roamio PVR. However I would really like to be able to bring in a couple more channels, like 22.1 and 22.2 both ABC, and 40.1 WNMN and 40.2 ion. Here is my details http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec2ff02aba50e3
Do I need a different Antenna to receive them? I get pretty all the channels except the 4 I just mentioned. I do not want to use a rotor I have 2 antenna panels (bio directional)
Montrealsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Dec-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
Canadianeh

WVNY is on VHF physical channel 13. You'll need a VHF antenna to pick it up reasonably well, although at LOS and 22NM, it may not have to be that powerful of a VHF antenna.

As for WNMN, I don't see that on your TVFool report, so I doubt that you'd get enough signal to even attempt to tune that station. Additionally, I honestly wonder if that station is even on the air - if you look up all of the networks/subchannels they supposedly carry (per wikipedia), and then go to the networks' main web page, they're not listed as an affiliate.

If someone out there knows and receives WNMN, please let us know.
Canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote