TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Sep-2014, 2:38 PM   #1
Lemastre

How to prevent invading TV channels from taking over

Here in Dallas, two of my channels, 21.1 and 27.1, are frequently taken over by programming from sources that don't even seem to be listed as local stations. One of the invaders features folks dressed up like mullahs and going on about Islam, and the other seems to be your run-of-the-mill evangelizing for Christianity. The takovers occur simultaneously on both channels, and both are low-def inputs that look and sound pretty bad.

But regardless of the quality, I have no interest in either channel and have to run my TV receiver's channel-search feature to restore the desired channels. I might need to do this a couple times a day, or not at all for a week or more.

I wonder if these occurrences are due to a weakness in my particular receiver, a Sony Brava, and is there a way to find alternative numbers for 21.1 and 27.1 that would get around this inconvenience until I've time to run through the channel-search.
Lemastre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Sep-2014, 7:13 AM   #2
teleview

+=>

Please make and post a Tvfool report with your Exact address and make the antenna height in the report 25 feet above ground.

Go to the tvfool home page and click on >>Start MAPS<< , enter your exact address make the antenna height 25 feet above ground.

------------------

Is this a , house , townhome , condo , apartment , mobile home , motor home , or etc.??

What directions do , windows , patios / balconies , face??

What floor??

What is the top floor.