TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates

Notices

Old 2-Sep-2010, 5:35 PM   #1
geolee

Using the 'map'

The design and use of 'the map' are well thought out!

After using the map there is a small limitation.

There are occasions when two, or more, transmitter locations and channels are given. Is it possible to see both, or more, transmitters at the same time?
geolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Sep-2010, 8:41 PM   #2
andy.s.lee
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolee View Post
There are occasions when two, or more, transmitter locations and channels are given. Is it possible to see both, or more, transmitters at the same time?
Thanks for taking the time to suggest improvements!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about displaying two transmitter overlays on the map at the same time? or something else?

I might have a better idea of what you'd like to see if you provided a sample location and a description of what you would like displayed.

Best regards,
Andy
andy.s.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Sep-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
geolee

Thankyou for writing Andy.

In areas where the population is not as dense as cities, broadcastering companies will have a string of retransmitters that are just beyond their coverage area.

Is it possible to show the main transmitter coverage, and the rebroadcaster at the same time instead of separately?

A Canadian example is CHAN in Vancouver BC. Being in a very mountainous area, CHAN has a series of rebroadcasters across the province of British Columbia. Would it be possible to show two or more of those transmitters at the same time? i.e.) Vancouver, Quesnel, and Fort St. John (not sure if there are retransmitters in Quesnel and Fort St. John).

Last edited by geolee; 3-Sep-2010 at 12:15 PM.
geolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Feb-2019, 5:05 AM   #4
djtpedersen

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.s.lee View Post
Thanks for taking the time to suggest improvements!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about displaying two transmitter overlays on the map at the same time? or something else?

I might have a better idea of what you'd like to see if you provided a sample location and a description of what you would like displayed.

Best regards,
Andy
Hi Andy,

I'm a fairly new member here on TV Fool's forums but I agree with what geolee said. Although I'm not sure if it is possible to do so, it would be really neat to be able to see how various signals overlap using the colour overlays on the maps. For example, if there was a checkbox beside each signal in the tables below the map, a user could select which signals he/she wants to see as overlays on the map and then be able to compare coverage and check for co- or adjacent-channel interference or what-have-you. In my opinion, it would be a really cool addition if it is possible.