TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Sep-2013, 3:36 AM   #1
dengar

Moving to Coral Springs, FL and ditching cable

Hey guys, here is my location. Antenna will be either mounted outside or in the attic depending how difficult it is to mount. Looks like Im the middle of 2 major areas. I would like to be able to get them all so Im looking for a multi directional antenna. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae8082e3314f
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Sep-2013, 4:23 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

Because the two major groups of signals are directly opposite one another, a directional antenna is appropriate. Contrary to what one may think, many directional antennas will have a useful amount of reception to the rear.

A premium solution would be the Winegard HD7694P pointed south. The RCA ANT-751r would also be a very effective option.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Sep-2013, 4:04 PM   #3
dengar

Thanks.

I just spoke to a rep at Solid Signal and he recommended 2 of the Winegards. One for each direction. Now what? LOL!
Old 24-Sep-2013, 5:25 PM   #4
teleview

Tvfool is the Correct place to receive the Correct Information.

Install Only 1 Antenna.

Your choice , ANT751 or Winegard HD7694P antenna aimed , South.

I favor the ANT751 antenna.

And Yes the HD7694P will work also.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing.html.

Use a Real and Actual magnetic compass to aim antenna.

A antenna system amplifier will most likely not be required.

If at some point in the future your evaluation is a amplifier might help with some weaker signals.

You can Test reception with a Winegard , LNA-100 'Boost' amplifier , installed/connected Before any splitter.
_______

Install the ANT751 antenna Above The Roof in such a manner that the roof and house are not impeding and blocking reception to the , South and North.

Instal the ANT751 UP HIGH in the air is the best practice.

As always , trees and tree leaves , plants and plant leaves , have a Negative effect on broadcast Tv reception and so do buildings and other obstructions including your own roof and house.

The Best Pratice is to install the ANT751 at a location that has the least amount to no amount of obstructions of any type or kind in the directions of reception including your own roof and house.

Here are some places to buy antennas and etc. .

http://www.solidsignal.com.

http://www.amazon.com.

http://www.winegarddirect.com.

Home Depot and Lowes will sometimes have the ANT751 in stock in the the store , no mater what the Home Depot and Lowes web sites say.

Last edited by teleview; 15-Dec-2013 at 5:08 AM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 24-Sep-2013, 8:52 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

I've never had a problem when ordering/purchasing equipment from them but I'm starting to wonder about the advice being dispensed by the folks at Solid Signal.

@teleview is right, buy one antenna, install it where it has a good chance to intercept high quality signals. (You can always add more hardware if needed, but that's quite unlikely given the wonderful TV Fool report you've got.)

Old 25-Sep-2013, 4:08 AM   #6
dengar

The front of my house faces south, so I was thinking of installing it on the east side of the house, then point it south. Tons of trees in my neighborhood so that cant be helped.
Old 25-Sep-2013, 8:59 PM   #7
teleview

Installing the antenna Up High Is Important.
Old 29-Oct-2013, 1:34 AM   #8
dengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post
Installing the antenna Up High Is Important.
Hey guys, Im ready to buy the RCA. I have a 1 story house so Im going to need a pole/mast to mount it higher. Is there a specific diameter I need?
Old 29-Oct-2013, 2:11 AM   #9
GroundUrMast

The Channel Master CM-1805 is typical of an intermediate length mast. It's nominally 1 3/8" in diameter.

If you need a 10' section of mast, consider 1 3/8" diameter chain-link fence top rail. I've been able to find it at the big box home center every time I needed some.