TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-Oct-2015, 6:42 PM   #1
Nova1111

Any advice on antenna?

I am so new to this I find the more I read the more I get confused! Different websites seem to give different answers on reception and I can see I will not receive many channels. Any help someone could give in selecting the right antenna to get any locals would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Linda
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e0391a093b21e
Nova1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Oct-2015, 7:13 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

You likely won't get a CBS feed reliably without extraordinary effort (if then), but ABC, NBC, FOX, and PBS are all in the "easy" category using only a small UHF/VHF combo antenna aimed to the west.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Oct-2015, 7:27 PM   #3
Nova1111

Wow, thank you for answering so quickly. I would be more than happy with the channels you sited (I can live without CBS). Thank you so much! I had been reading just enough to be dangerous and the more I read the more I knew I needed help!
Old 30-Oct-2015, 7:29 PM   #4
Jake V

Here's some information on the translators you can receive signals from:

KOAC-DT 7 PBS
K48MP-D 48 NBC / Justice / Estrella
K14GW-D 14 FOX / MyN
K20DD-D 20 Fox / MN
K45CV 47 ABC / Me-TV / GetTV
K38KU-D 38 Youtoo/etc.
KVAL-DT 13 CBS/ThisTV/GRIT

Mount your antennas outdoors in a place with a clear view of the west (and south if you want try for CBS, as CBS is your weakest signal).

CBS is a VHF High signal on real channel 13 and weak, so it's iffy. You could probably need something like this Stellar Labs VHF-Hi Antenna pointed at 188 degrees on a compass.

All your other channels are UHF LOS (Line of Sight) coming from either 261 or 271 degrees. Either an Antennas Direct Clearstream 2. Or a RCA ANT751. Pointed at about 265 degrees on a compass.

Combine the signals with a VHF/UHF combiner similar to this one. Try it first with one TV to make sure you can get the signals before splitting or amplifying. Experiment with locations on your roof (away from power lines) before drilling holes.

If you don't want to try for CBS then get either an Antennas Direct C2V or a RCA ANT-751 and point it to 265 degrees.

Last edited by Jake V; 30-Oct-2015 at 7:34 PM.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Oct-2015, 7:38 PM   #5
Nova1111

You guys are just too great! I thought it might be too much to ask for recommendations on specific antennas but you even covered that. After my last bill I am jumping into the cable cutter arena and am determined to make it work. My only real problem was network channels and now I feel like I won't be suffering withdrawals! Thanks again