TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 28-Oct-2013, 1:17 PM   #1
jono06

Help getting channel

Hi everyone, I need some advice to determine why I am not getting a particular channel with my antenna setup. I have an RCA ANT751 mounted on the roof using a mount previously used for a satellite. The cable runs into an amplifier (don't have the model number currently, but can get it later) straight down from the antenna - around 25 feet - and then the cable runs directly to the TV - probably another 50 or so feet. Without the amplifier I got channels 11 (CBS) and 39 (Fox), but the quality wasn't very good. With the amplifier, I now get channels 11 and 39 with good signal and also 19 (ABC). The problem is that channel 5 (NBC) doesn't come in at all. It seems like it should be the easiest channel to receive according to my signal analysis. Also, I didn't get signal for 5 prior to using the amplifier, so I don't think it's causing the signal to be too strong.

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae9ed822a9c7
jono06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Oct-2013, 6:37 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

The ANT-751 is not designed to provide reliable reception of real CH-2 through CH-6.

Consider using a Channel Master CM-3018 or CM-3018. Antennacraft has a similar option in the HD-1200. The Winegard HD-7084 is a big pricey option also.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Oct-2013, 7:35 PM   #3
jono06

Thanks! I didn't realize the ANT751 wasn't good for low-band VHF. Short of buying a bigger/better antenna, do you see any hope in receiving the real CH-29 NBC?
Old 28-Oct-2013, 8:07 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

To receive the weak signal from RCH-29, you need to step up to a larger antenna or combination.

The Winegard HD-7698P is not overkill. The combination of an Antennas Direct DB8e + Antennacraft Y10713 would not be overkill either.

Can you post the amplifier make /model?

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Oct-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
jono06

Sorry for the delay - I had to wait until I got home from work to get the model number. It's an Electroline EDA 2100. It was actually here when we bought the house, but wasn't being used until we canceled our satellite subscription recently.

Thanks again for the help!