TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-Apr-2014, 4:10 AM   #1
Priceless_Knowledge

Please help with reception

Here is my report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c6895f6621e7

I live in an apartment on the ground floor with no access to place the antenna outside.

I have the ClearStream 2V Long-Range HDTV Antenna.

The problem I am having is I cant get all or most channels with the antenna in one spot. If I want to watch a certain channel I must move the antenna every time to get the channel I want ( really only care about ch 2 through 13) Was hoping someone would be able to help me to direct the antenna in the best position.

Also not sure if a long cord is a bad idea. I bought a 30 ft rg6 cable because I wasn't sure where the antenna was going to be placed and every time the cord is hit the picture gets choppy. I have to move the cord around and around until the picture gets clear. Do I need a shorter cord?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am a complete newbie at this so I hope I came across clear at what this issue is.

- Alison
Priceless_Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Apr-2014, 8:01 AM   #2
teleview

+=>

What directions do windows and patios face??

----------------

Using the Tv station Call Sign and channel number and network.

What is the channel problem channel??

A. Example is , KTLA-DT , Real channel 31 , CW .
Old 30-Apr-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Place the antenna in front of an east-facing window. If you don't have an east-facing window, you are completely at the mercy of the building's materials and its surroundings.

If hitting, touching, or moving the coax causes a reception glitch, it would be my observation that the cable is defective or intermittent. It's length shouldn't be important with signals that strong unless, as suggested initially, your apartment's location is compromised.

I'm curious as to which version of the C2V you have and where it was purchased. There are three possible versions: Version 1 had a a single connector on the back of the loop and an external combiner attached to the lower, inside of the reflector. Version 2 has two connectors built into the back of the loop and no external combiner. Version 3 has a single connector on the back of the loop and has a VHF component with two connectors that clips onto the wire reflector. Version 3 will also free-stand on a flat surface without using a mount or stand.

Best of luck!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Apr-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
Priceless_Knowledge

I have version 3. Bought it from Best Buy.

I have one window in the living room facing north. Kitchen and bathroom windows facing south.
Priceless_Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Apr-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Thanks for the version info.

You need a signal path to the east. If you are not on an outside unit or if the exterior is metal or stucco construction, your odds are very poor as the signal won't penetrate much, if at all. You can try putting the antenna near one of the windows and angle it as eastward as you can manage and see if you have much luck.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-May-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
teleview

+=>

Are their any of those small satellite dishes on the oitdide of the building??

No I am not recommending get satellite service.

-------

www.antennacraft.net has the , HDX1000 Broadcast Tv antenna that looks like a small dish on purpose.

If you have access to a Outside , North East wall , East wall , then the HDX1000 will provide better reception.

www.antennacraft.net

Last edited by teleview; 2-May-2014 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.