TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-Mar-2012, 5:34 PM   #1
crockpotman

Winegaurd FV-HD30 in New Milford Ct????

Hi everyone,
Newbie here looking for some guidance from the experts. Below is my tvfool report from my exact location.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b86c24245d247

It doesnt look promising for a Winegaurd FV-HD30. I would greatly appreciate any help/tips before I even attempt to put up this antenna.

Like everyone, I am trying to snadbag my charter bill.
Feel free to email me direct at crockpotman@att.net.
Thank you in advance.
crockpotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Mar-2012, 7:04 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

You have some very challenging terrain within a few miles of your location. When you click on the call sign of a given station listed on your TV Fool report, you cal see a profile of the terrain between the transmitter (on the left) and your location (shown on the right).

For example: WTNH-DT
This shows that you're blocked by terrain that's relatively close.

Small antennas such as the FV-HD30 are not up to the task in your situation.

Doing some reverse engineering to locate the general area, it appears that an extreme tower (several hundred feet tall) would be required to begin to reach significantly improved signal conditions. I estimate your elevation to be roughly 240' ASL, and I see terrain to the east rising above 800' ASL in the area of Mine Hill Preserve.

Do you have a friend, family member or acquaintance living at a higher location? The idea of locating a product like SlingBox or a home theater PC, accessible via an internet connection looks like a possible solution. For example, some one living up on Upper Reservoir Rd near Broadview Ln has dramatically better signal conditions to work with.

If you're stuck with the signal conditions shown on your report, A 10 element Yagi such as the Winegard YA1713 or Antennacraft Y10713 would have a shot at receiving real CH-10. A large high gain UHF such as the Antennas Direct 91XG would be needed to have any hope of seeing the UHF signals.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 30-Mar-2012 at 7:16 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Mar-2012, 7:40 AM   #3
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

I added it all up , the antennas , preamplifiers , coax cables , and etc. , roof top mounting on a two story house with a tripod mount or chimney mount , and more etc. . The cost will be about $700.00 or so. And you do the installation your self. For that you will most likley receive. WTNH-DT 10 ABC and Bounce Tv , WVIT-TV 35 NBC and the New York Non Stop Channel , WCCT-TV 20 The CW and This Tv , WASH-DT 42 Me-Tv and Retro Tv Network. . The Might Be Received stations/channels are , WFSB 33 CBS , WRNN-DT 48 IND. , WTIC-TV 31 Fox and Antenna Tv , WEDH-DT 45 PBS. For all the stations/channels listed here a lot depends on local reception situations such as trees blocking the stations to the east and south east. The antennas will be mounted as far away from trees to east and south east as possible/practical. The antennas will be required mounted Up High on a 2 story house above the roof. Here is the short list of what is required , Winegard HD 7698P antenna with a Antennas Direct CPA-19 preamp , Winegard HD9095P antenna with a CPA-19 preamp. A 10 foot tripod mount on the roof or a Tall chimney with a chimney mount. . ARE You Interested????

Last edited by Electron; 31-Mar-2012 at 7:50 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote