TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Oct-2010, 3:03 AM   #1
baron

Help with antenna setup in MD

Hi everyone,
I've done some research already, but was wondering if I could get some help from the forum regarding antenna setup. There are really helpful and informative threads here.

What I am trying to do is to get as many channels OTA as possible. I live b/w Baltimore and Washington and the suburbs of MD, zip code 21076. Here is the signal analysis:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...a36221603d6240

Right now, only indoor bunny ears are setup. I intend to get roof top antenna once I find the right one. Using TVFool and antenna web, I know that most of my channels from baltimore are about 32 degrees yellow, and most of my washington channels are about 244 degrees blue. Is there an antenna that could grab the channels from both cities without going the double antenna route? If I purchased something like hd7695p and pointed it towards washington, would it also be able to pick up baltimore channels as well even though the polar patterns for this antenna is highly directional?

Thanks
baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Oct-2010, 3:36 AM   #2
No static at all

I suggest a Winegard HD7694P pointed towards DC & with some tweaking of the aim, I'm thinking Baltimore will work well coming in from the backside of the antenna. Others here may have different suggestions for your 2 market situation.

Just bought a 7694 myself to put up at a friends house & for kicks, set it right on the ground in my back yard. Much to my surprise it picks up all the Wash/Balt stations except WUTB-24 well. I am located 5 miles southwest of DC (40 miles from Baltimore)
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Oct-2010, 7:34 AM   #3
John Candle

Tv Reception

This one of the many advantages digital tv. The digital correction circuits correct the multipath and interference to a certian point , some digital tv stations can even be received on the back side of a directional antenna. The pictures with reception on the of the back side of a antenna with 'analog' will look very bad.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote