TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 16-Jul-2012, 2:41 AM   #1
TomBell

I only want one channel, and I can't get it.

I live in Yarmouth, Maine and have a TV on the third floor of an historic home on Main St ( I don't want an outdoor antenna for that reason). Instead, I have a big fat round outdoor antenna, (Radio Shack), non-amplified, sitting on the floor next to the TV. I get plenty of channels, but the one channel I really want i can't get at all. It is WCBB (channel 10), the PBS channel broadcast from Augusta, 26 miles away. It is a VHF HI. My TV Signal analysis: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9900af4a73f43e

I would like to buy a new antenna, but I am totally confused by the marketing efforts of the antenna companies. The antenna does't have to look pretty. It just has to get Masterpiece Theater for my wife Thank you for any guidance. Tom
TomBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2012, 5:32 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

Have you tried mounting the existing antenna in the attic? Or, is this already 'the attic'?

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
signals unlimited

DTV/cell phone reception reception advise and products

The round antenna on the floor will not work on the floor or in the attic for VHF 10.

VHF 10 is also in a different direction from your main group of stations at around 300 degrees magnetic. If your home has a standard shingle roof, the attic will work if you do the following:

Use an Antennas Direct DB2e Uhf antenna aimed to 300 degrees and an Antennacraft Y5-7-13 High VHF antenna aimed to 19 degrees. You can mount these on one mast about 12" apart. Use a U/V joiner to combind the antennas into one coax. The joiner and the antennas are available at www.solidsignals.com
signals unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2012, 1:10 PM   #4
TomBell

Thank you

This is the kind of expert advice I was hoping to get. You obviously do not work at Radio Shack.
TomBell is offline   Reply With Quote