Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-Nov-2012, 6:21 PM   #21
Name141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereocraig View Post
That's exactly what it is.
No different than anything else, that people feel deserves a big fancy name
Not sure how I'd do that with the VHF/RCA antenna anyway, since it's under the 91XG. I only bought 2 - 4 feet lines to connect them to the UVSJ. I guess I could try to put the preamp below the antennas, and raise the RCA towards the UHF antenna to have enough room for a small 'loop' at the bottom ?

Do I need to keep the RCA a special distance from the 91XG to prevent 'interference' or anything ?
Name141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Nov-2012, 6:44 PM   #22
GroundUrMast

A 'drip-loop' aka, 'drain-loop' needs a few extra inches of cable, not feet. The idea is, water does not flow up hill. Rain water running down a cable should not be directed into a hole in the side of the house or onto a connector at the end of the cable. By running the cable down below the hole in the siding or a connector at the UVSJ, etc. then up a couple of inches, all the rain water will drip or drain away without causing trouble.

If you can separate the 91XG and the other antenna by at least 3' (more is better) you should not have much interaction between them. A 4' cable from the top antenna down to a UVSJ and another 4' cable from the UVSJ down to the lower antenna should provide 7' separation if cable length was all that needed to be considered.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Nov-2012, 8:00 PM   #23
Name141

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
A 'drip-loop' aka, 'drain-loop' needs a few extra inches of cable, not feet. The idea is, water does not flow up hill. Rain water running down a cable should not be directed into a hole in the side of the house or onto a connector at the end of the cable. By running the cable down below the hole in the siding or a connector at the UVSJ, etc. then up a couple of inches, all the rain water will drip or drain away without causing trouble.

If you can separate the 91XG and the other antenna by at least 3' (more is better) you should not have much interaction between them. A 4' cable from the top antenna down to a UVSJ and another 4' cable from the UVSJ down to the lower antenna should provide 7' separation if cable length was all that needed to be considered.
ah, sounds like a little curve is all it is.
Name141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Nov-2012, 8:49 PM   #24
GroundUrMast

Yes.

Here are a few examples:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/3168...ome-inspection

In this example, extra cable length is stored as a 'service-loop'. The extra cable might be needed at some point in the future or factory built cable was longer than needed. Use this if you anticipate moving or rearranging the cabling. See step 1: http://www.diyadvice.com/diy/electri...ling-tv-cable/

Avoid sharp bends.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote