TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 23-Jan-2014, 4:46 AM   #1
anonymous

Need Antenna Recommendation - SE WI

Hello. I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for a recommendation for an indoor antenna. I live about 25 miles SW of Milwaukee. I'm on the second floor of a two story apartment building. I'm looking for a good indoor antenna for one room in the apartment. It has a window that faces north with no trees or other obstructions in front of it. I've tried a couple cheap antennas I had laying around but I can't more than two channels in that are actually watchable, mostly NBC and CBS. I would like to receive all the major networks such as ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS and the CW. I would appreciate some recommendations. Thanks

My TV Analysis - http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b94cda542d465
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Jan-2014, 7:03 AM   #2
teleview

+=>
----
Put a Terk HDTVi (not HDTVa) antenna in/at the , North facing window.

The Main Group of Tv stations are to the , North East.

Aim the antenna in the direction of ~North East ~ at about 37 degree magnetic compass direction.

Extend the dipole reception rods out and have the dipole reception rods in a low vee position.

The HDTVi antenna is adjusted for best reception.

If a long coax is required to connect the HDTVi antenna in/at the North window and the long coax runs through the apartment to get to the Tv then that is the way it is.

Reason: Reliable reception is more important then objections to the coax running through the apartment.

-------------

The Tv Must Channel Scan for the , OTA=Over The Air , ATSC-Digital Broadcast Tv Stations/Channels , often named the ~ ATSC Channels ~ DTV Channels ~ Antenna Channels ~ Air Channels ~ in the Tv Setup Menu because the Tv tranissions travel through the Air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

Some Digital Tv's will Automatic channel scan for cable Tv channels.

DO NOT channel scan for cable Tv channels.

Go into the the Tv Setup Menu and select ~ ATSC Channels ~ DTV Channels ~ Antenna Channels ~ Air Channels ~.

Channel scan for the ATSC-Antenna Channels.

Last edited by teleview; 24-Jan-2014 at 3:02 AM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.