TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 29-May-2015, 11:10 PM   #21
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
After testing samples of each, I cannot suggest the CM3410 and its PCT equivalent. They seem to have a noise figure problem below 200-250 MHz.
Thanks for the results of your tests; I wasn't aware of that.

dovienya:

Delete the 3410 from the list.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-May-2015, 11:42 PM   #22
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Only one other person on the forums is aware of it and he hasn't mentioned anything about it.

I doubt the manufacturer even has a clue.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Jun-2015, 6:09 AM   #23
dovienya

Sorry for the slow response on my part! Things have gotten busy the past handful of days, and I have not had the opportunity to fiddle with the antenna any further.

So, following up to the amp questions: In my current scenario, with how short the cable run is, and (at least for a little while longer, as I am about to send it back) the amp for the Terk at my disposal for testing, is there much sense in a preamp? Now, if for instance, my current amp improves signal in a certain scenario to a reasonable degree, then a higher quality/lower noise preamp may turn out to be a good investment. Yes?

Also, based on AdTech's (dis)recommendation, I will not include that model in my potential purchase list!

Now that I have access to better measurements through the diagnostics menu, I think my next step will be to go back to the broom handle antenna installation method of looking for sweet spots. That last move that got me CW but lost me the VHF channels was only about an 18" repositioning of the antenna. With that much change on such a small amount of movement, I am encouraged that I might find a "sweet spot" somewhere.

It sounds like '2 edge' is a rather interesting reception scenario to work with. Fortunately (or, unfortunately), I am pretty darn stubborn.
dovienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Jun-2015, 7:54 AM   #24
dovienya

Okay, I've been doing a bit more reading about preamp. I'll admit that I'm a bit confused and not understanding it all, but.... Now that I've looked up the different amps, that RCA you recommended is not expensive and seems to have some pretty good reviews. Including from people that apparently went from a spotty signal to a strong signal, even though they were only dealing with a short cable run. I think I'll order the RCA tomorrow. Besides, I'm fairly certain I'll need an amp in the long run anyway, once I'm ready to hook up both the upstairs and downstairs TVs.
dovienya is offline   Reply With Quote