TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 16-Dec-2010, 7:51 PM   #21
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
... (Does the mast need to be grounded too?). ...
I would recommend it. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=901

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Dec-2010, 6:44 PM   #22
damedic

I too have been having trouble with OTA & have had much help from people like these fine folks on this forum, kudo's to all of you who help us newbies.

Intoxicated... per your earlier question, Pitch pads on a tripod are the "Little Feet" at the bottom of the tripod that secure to the actual roof. They can adjust at whatever angles so as to meet the pitch of your roof line. I think it is very important that a tripod have these.

I am eventually going to go the same route as you, but I am still doing my due diligence to get the right equipment prior to setting the required time to get into this construction & installation.

ps... the square tubing does look cool but I think the round is the only thing that will work with a tripod?

I also found the little items you mentioned - are obtainable at Home Depot or Lowes, even the R6 cable ends! That was cool. I too got a crimper there as well.

Important info: I also found that you should get a good quality round mast. I was told up to 5 ft, 16 guage x 1.25". Over that go to a 18 guage up to 15'. Over that go to 1.5" and anything over 20' should best be a 2" mast.

Is this correct, guys?
damedic is offline   Reply With Quote