TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Sep-2014, 5:18 PM   #1
DSH

What are our chances?

Is reception of Green Bay channels possible from our location without going to extremes? We would particularly like to get our local NBC channel 41.

Unfortunately for our tv reception we are surrounded by tall trees between us and the towers that are not on our property so cutting/trimming is not a viable option.

We currently have Dish Network satellite. Looking at OTA as a backup for when snow/rain takes out our signal which can be considerable at times.

Any advice on what our chances of getting the Green Bay channels are & if we have a reasonable chance, what equipment would be needed would be much appreciated.

Here is our reception report: Thanks in advance.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d243a9717a3832
DSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2014, 6:44 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

If you're forced to aim through trees that are within a few hundred feet of the antenna(s), It's hard for me to encourage you to spend the money on a large high gain antenna and preamplifier.

If you have the ability to mount the antenna at a location or height that avoids aiming through trees, the weak signal levels would call for a large combination antenna such as the Winegard HD7698P or... An Antennas Direct DB8E + Antennacraft Y10713.

With either option, I'd expect to need a good preamplifier. I'd consider the Antennas Direct PA-18 and RCA TVPRAMP1R.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Oct-2014, 6:30 PM   #3
DSH

I was afraid of that. Thanks much for the reply.
DSH is offline   Reply With Quote