TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-May-2012, 5:23 PM   #1
Sandy

What antenna/access needed,help pls

Live on wooded lot,do have a 35 foot tower to install whats needed, but what is needed is my question, tvfool report wont upload,

basic address: Colonel Leonard Rd
Rock Hall,MD 21661

Last edited by Sandy; 2-May-2012 at 5:35 PM. Reason: add location
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-May-2012, 5:54 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

I'm sorry you're having trouble posting a link to your TV Fool report. It sounds as if you have been able to generate a report, if so you should be able to copy the web address from the address bar of your browser, then paste it into your post.

Guidelines When Asking for Help

Because the terrain in the area appears to be relatively level, I don't anticipate a significant change in signal conditions between locations along Colonel Leonard Rd. So here is a link to a report for the general vicinity. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...de65e0c55d7c8d

The signal conditions indicate that a mid-sized antenna such as a Winegard HD7694P aimed due west would provide coverage of both Baltimore and DC signals.

How many TVs do you plan to connect?

How long will the coax be if run from the antenna to the most distant TV?

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-May-2012, 6:06 PM   #3
No static at all

Going by the street level address provided, a tower won't be needed unless you are interested in the Salisbury stations. Are you down near the Bay? What stations are you looking for.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-May-2012, 6:34 PM   #4
signals unlimited

I do a lot of installs just North West of DC and Baltimore but a little further out (70 miles or so), with about the same spread, so I can confirm that "yes" most if not all of the stations from DC. and Baltimore should come with one antenna position. If any stations are problematic just tweek a few degrees in that direction.
signals unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-May-2012, 7:17 PM   #5
Sandy

Connecting 2 tv's only 15 feet apart, and cable length from antenna to tv will be bout 40 feet. Even with the antenna mounted on the tower, the surrounding woods tree tops are about another 15 feet above that. thats what my concern is also. Will antenna pick up thru that. Live aprox 6 miles from the bay
Old 2-May-2012, 7:52 PM   #6
signals unlimited

Your concerns about the woods are justified. They will slow the signals down from Both DC and Baltimore. I would try the recomended equipment but add a Channel Master 7778 amplifier and aim the antenna more towards the weaker Washington stations. If that fails to produce Baltimore and is problematic on DC. you can focus on the stronger Baltimore stations. They should work fine. If any of these settings fail to deliver the desired results, you could go to the tower, but you will need enough height to clear the tree tops and allow for growth.
Old 2-May-2012, 9:57 PM   #7
Sandy

Thank You all for your reply's. Certainly appreciate all help with this. Has anybody had any dealings with the AX-929 antenna. My sister purchased this and i mounted it up there and hooked to two different tv's and scanned, nothing. However I now realize da, that i might need a convertor box. I am going to return that and get the HD7696P. So I should also get the AP8700 pre-amp? Will I need the pre-amp or something other than the convertor and that antenna? Trying to keep expense down of course.
Old 2-May-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
signals unlimited

I would't expect much from the 929...The Winegard antenna and amplifier is designed to receive all of the channels from your Baltimore and DC. channels includung 7 and 9 from DC, and 11 and 13 from Baltimore. The 929 is not. You need a converter box if your set was built prior to 2006. Install the antenna and amplifier as per the enclosed instructions, aim as described in my previous post. Hook-up the converter box and scan for channels as per instructions. If you have any problems, let us know. We will continue to assist all we can.
Old 3-May-2012, 6:28 AM   #9
Electron

Tv Antennas and Tv Reception

Here is a roof top tripod antenna mount , http://www.ronard.com/Tripods%200703/4712.html .

Here are Light Weight Aluminum Lay Over Towers , so antenna mounting and adjustments can be done standing on the ground. http://www.palcoelectronics.com/pe300.aspx.

Here are simple digital converter boxes , At http://www.walmart.com , RCA DTA800B1 , Sunkey ATB150S , Magnavox TB110MW9.

At are digital tuners that do a lot more , http://www.channelmasterstore.com , CM7400 , CM7001. At http://www.epvision.com

Last edited by Electron; 20-May-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-May-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
signals unlimited

Getting the antenna higher will only improve your reception if you clear the conopy. If you can that would be great!