TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Dec-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Olorin1

Question Final decision

TV Foll result:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec1289ca2deb56

Although I am totally new to this, I have read a bit. No one has, though suggested best antenna for stations (many) coming from almost directly opposite directions. CS4 is my current choice, and I do NOT want a rotator, unless someone convinces me that's far and a way the best solution. Thanks to all of you for donating your time in this way.
Olorin1
Olorin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Dec-2011, 4:16 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

There are a few stations using VHF channel assignments. Rather than a UHF only antenna, I'd opt for a Winegard HD7010 if the Mega-TV affiliate WSBS, real CH-3 is of interest to you. WEYS-LP, real CH-6 may or may not be on the air, rabbitears.info does not have an entry in their database, though they show an entry for the digital WEYS-LD on real CH-29.

If none of the low-VHF (real channel 2 through 6) stations are of interest, an RCA ANT-751 would be a good option, aimed at the southern group of stations.

Your situation is actually quite favorable, the envy of many other OTA viewers.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Dec-2011, 5:43 AM   #3
Dave Loudin

I'll second that recommendation for two reasons. First, as you have many strong signals, you don't need a high gain antenna, like a C4. Second, with signals coming in from opposite directions, you do not need an antenna that favors the forward direction by a lot, like a C4. Therefore, you do not need a C4. The ANT-751 will work just fine.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Dec-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

While the C4 would likely work anyway, the correct antenna from our line-up for the Ft Lauderdale area is the C2V with the reflector removed. Removal of the reflector makes the C2V purely bidirectional on both UHF and high-VHF (it is already bidirectional on high-VHF out of the box).

The reflector is held on with screws and nuts and is easily reversible.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Dec-2011, 1:33 PM   #5
Dave Loudin

That is also an excellent suggestion. I'll keep the C2V in mind for other situations.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Dec-2011, 4:40 PM   #6
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

BTW, we now have the VHF upgrade kits available for existing C2 owners to convert the C2 to the C2V... Just got inventory in on Monday.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote