TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-Oct-2012, 3:05 AM   #1
danschmidt

watching hd tv

hello my name is dan. i am currently not able to watch channel 9-1 kmsp-hd on my over the air antenna. i can see fox 9-2 kmsp in sd just fine just not the hd channel. i live in st cloud mn an hour north of the cities and have an antenna with a power booster as well as a amplifier. ive tried rescanning several times have the antenna right towards all of the twin cities towers and get most of my other channels in just fine for the most part. my antenna is also several feet projected into the air above and beyond other houses and roofs surrounding the area. kinda mystified as if theres anything i can do about this so any suggestions tips ideas to help finding a solution would be very greatly appreciated and helpful.
danschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2012, 3:31 AM   #2
teleview

http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=4.

Do a double rescan , disconnect the antenna coax from the Tv and do a scan , this clears out and resets the tuner for a fresh start/scan , now connect the antenna coax and scan for broadcast tv channels.

Digital transmitting equipment and digital receiver tuners can develop , digital glitches , if rescanning with out clearing out the tuner , the channel with the glitch is already there so channel with the glitch is just confirmed but not rescanned completly , so the glitch is still there.

And it is a good idea to scan for channels from time to time because new Tv stations/channels can begin transmitting with no notice.

What is the make and model number of the antenna and amplifier??

Please the Exact address to make a tvfool radar plot report.

Make the antenna height 25 feet or how high the antenna is.

Last edited by teleview; 3-Oct-2012 at 3:56 AM.