TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 28-Aug-2013, 2:13 PM   #1
Niagara-on-the-Lake gal

Unhappy Lost all OTA signals in Niagara-on-the-Lake . Need advice please

Hi I live in Niagara-on-the-Lake and up until recently have been having great OTA reception, since early spring . Now I get nothing, my antenna picks up nothing.

I used tvfool to originally set the direction of my 4 bay antenna and was happy with the 15 odd channels that I got. Antenna is on the roof approx 35 ft high.

I've tried Adjusting the antenna even slightly , thinking that perhaps wind or storm somehow interfered. Still nothing.

I installed it myself with a regular left over from my cable company. Is there something I should have done, like wrap electrical tape around it. The connections were tightened very tightly so there's no way that they could have come undone.

any suggestions.?

Thanks in advance.
Niagara-on-the-Lake gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Aug-2013, 5:19 PM   #2
teleview

Please post a tvfool radar report.

Make the antenna height the reference 25 feet antenna height or higher if the antenna is higher.

What is the make and model of the antenna??

If the antenna uses a separate matching transformer (balun) , replace with a New matching transformer.

As a Test of reception , connect a NEW continues length coax to the New matching transformer and run the New coax through a open door or window direct to 1 Tv.

Digital tuners can develop - Digital Glitches - that are not cleared out with simple channel scans.

Do Double Rescan , http://www.wchstv.com/DoubleReScanAlert.pdf..

Weather/Water gets into outside connections and coax.

For outside coax use the coax that has the Compression type connectors on the ends of the coax not the old crimp type connectors.

ALL outside , coax , connectors , connections , are suspect of being bad , and as a matter of fact , All , coax , connectors , connections , are suspect of being bad through out the complete system.

NEVER use vinyl electrical tape outside , the tape does not hold up to weather/water , it takes in water and holds water inside , this is not good for connections.

-->Use http://www.coaxseal.com.<--