TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 23-Feb-2014, 1:02 AM   #1
Kika

Need Help in Central Wisconsin

Hi, I'm new here and need some help with TV antenna reception. Just got my first HDTV and now I don't get some of my station in very well. Like 7-9-13 and VHF stations. They come in sometimes,but not as well as they did with an old TV and convertor box. I also was wondering how if possible to get FM also from my TV antenna tower. There's so much good and bad antennas out there. Don't know where to start.

This is what I have to the best of knowledge.

40 foot tall tower with an Channel Master Antenna from 2005
With Rotator and Controller Model 9537
Channel Master Antenna Amplifier Model 0747

And here is TV Signal Analysis Results:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b94f230fc3bd4
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Feb-2014, 1:24 AM   #2
Kika

Need Help in Central Wisconsin

Hi, I need help with antenna reception. Just got a HDTV and some of the channels I uses to get with an analog TV and convertor box don't come in very well or sometimes not at all. I also was wondering how I could FM. This is what I have now. How can I improve reception and channels I get.

40 foot tower with Channel Master Antenna from 2005-2006. Sorry don't know model
Rotator with Controller Model 9537

This are my TV Signal Analysis Results

Don't know anything about antennas,but I finding out that there pretty interesting.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Feb-2014, 3:53 PM   #3
teleview

+=>
-----
What antenna in the picture looks the Most like the antenna??

http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

And at , http://www.channelmasterstore.com.

What antenna looks the Most like your antenna??

-------

Is the antenna bent??

Is the antenna broken??

Last edited by teleview; 24-Feb-2014 at 2:38 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 23-Feb-2014, 5:20 PM   #4
technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika View Post
Hi, I need help with antenna reception. Just got a HDTV and some of the channels I uses to get with an analog TV and convertor box don't come in very well or sometimes not at all. I also was wondering how I could FM. This is what I have now. How can I improve reception and channels I get.

40 foot tower with Channel Master Antenna from 2005-2006. Sorry don't know model
Rotator with Controller Model 9537

This are my TV Signal Analysis Results

Don't know anything about antennas,but I finding out that there pretty interesting.

Your definitely in a deep fringe area, with only a limited amount of channels possible. Anything on that chart in grey will be impossible to get.

I would suggest either the winegard hd8200u platinum or the antennacraft hd1850 antenna. Also, i would replace the preamp you have now with the antennacraft 10g212 30db adjustable preamplifier. Costs with shipping for the antenna and preamp, roughly $150-175.
technicolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Feb-2014, 6:13 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

The first order of business is to determine what antenna is in place and if damaged or worn, is it time to replace it or can it be repaired. Is the 40' tower safe to climb?

Based on the TVFR provided, I agree, a large high-gain antenna or combination of antennas is indicated. If not for the desire to include FM reception, I don't see the benefit of specifying an all channel antenna in this case. (Added wind load @ 40' is a significant factor with safety concerns) Unless I've missed it, I see no receivable real channels in the Low-VHF band (real CH-2 through CH-6). It looks like a Winegard HD7698P or the combination of an Antennas Direct 91XG + Antennacraft Y10713 is a better fit. I'd prefer to build a separate FM system, using an FM only antenna and separate distribution cabling.

I'm not a fan of rotators, but this is a case were a rotator is invaluable given the ability to fine tune aim without climbing a 40' tower.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote