TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Jul-2013, 1:34 PM   #1
mindscrape

Try another indoor, or go to attic?

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...05590173e81be2

I tried a basic, passive, indoor rabbit plus loop combo antenna -- just hoping an easy plug and play solution would work. Unfortunately the package didn't give much cable length for me to move the antenna and I didn't have an extra cable handy to daisy chain some more length. That being said, of the major networks, I could really only receive Fox and PBS well, and even then they would drop out every 9s or so. The room faces mostly west, a little north (probably part of the issue if most signals are from SE).

So, my question is, should I try out a different indoor antenna, or should I just skip it and go to the attic? Roof antenna is off limits because my wife doesn't like the aesthetics, but looking at the report a roof antenna seems overkill anyway.
mindscrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Jul-2013, 3:55 PM   #2
teleview

Attics and the inside of buildings Are Not a reception environment and Never Will Be a reception friendly environment.

Multi-path reflections signals bouncing all around , absorbing , blocking , Broadcast Tv reception.

Install a ANT751 antenna in the attic aimed at about 112 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

A antenna system amplifier is not required.

For 1 Tv connected use No splitter.

For 2 Tv's connected use a simple common 2 way splitter.

For 3 Tv's connected use a simple common 3 way splitter.

If reception issues happen that are not resolvable with antenna aim and location in the attic.

Move the ANT751 antenna to above the Peak Of The Roof in such a manner that reception is not impeded or blocked by the roof and building in All directions.

Above the roof , aim the ANT751 at about 112 degree magnetic compass direction.