TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Nov-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
goebel1

74006 Oklahoma single help

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...81a30ac8f05dc0
I am adding a Channel Master's 4228HD antenna with the 7777 preamplifier. It looks to me the towers are are up to 70 miles away for all the channels is this right. Will I have to rotate the antenna to get all my channles or will this antenna cover that @159 degree magn if I figured this is right?
goebel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Nov-2010, 1:18 AM   #2
Tigerbangs
TV Reception Maven

Send a message via AIM to Tigerbangs Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerbangs
You have a couple of VHF stations from Tulsa; the NBC station on channel 8 and the PBS station on channel 11. I wouldn't depend on the 4228 to get those stations reliably for you. I would recommend using combination VHF-high-band plus UHF antenna like a Winegard HD-7696P or an Antennacraft HBU44 instread of using the 4228 HD. You may overload the Channel Master Titan 7777 since you have a very powerful station (KDOR) only about 14 miles from you, and it's transmitter is pretty much in the line of sight of the Tulsa transmitters. I would suggest using a Winegard HDP-269 preamplifier, instead, which has high input resistance, and shouldn't overload in the face of such a strong signal.
Tigerbangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Nov-2010, 2:12 AM   #3
goebel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerbangs View Post
You have a couple of VHF stations from Tulsa; the NBC station on channel 8 and the PBS station on channel 11. I wouldn't depend on the 4228 to get those stations reliably for you. I would recommend using combination VHF-high-band plus UHF antenna like a Winegard HD-7696P or an Antennacraft HBU44 instread of using the 4228 HD. You may overload the Channel Master Titan 7777 since you have a very powerful station (KDOR) only about 14 miles from you, and it's transmitter is pretty much in the line of sight of the Tulsa transmitters. I would suggest using a Winegard HDP-269 preamplifier, instead, which has high input resistance, and shouldn't overload in the face of such a strong signal.
Thanks tigerbangs
goebel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Nov-2010, 3:40 AM   #4
John Candle

Tv Reception

No rotator needed
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Nov-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
goebel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
No rotator needed