TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Feb-2014, 8:42 PM   #1
hblock

Question on attic mount

Just received my DB8e and I'm hoping to mount it this weekend. I'm going to try an attic mount and it turns out the direction I need to point it is directly out the gable end of my roof. So instead of receiving through the roof, the signal will be coming in from the side of the house through sheeting and vinyl siding. My question is, does it make any difference how close to the wall I mount the antenna. My thought was to mount it as close to the end wall of the house as possible, or is it better (less interference) to mount it back a few feet? Or does it even matter at all? Thanks.
hblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Feb-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Keep it as far away from any metal (flashing, fascia, gutters, vents, etc). After that, it's pot luck in an attic. Be as patient as needed to find a spot where the signals and the antenna cooperate.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Feb-2014, 2:38 AM   #3
teleview

+=>
----
Attics and inside of buildings Are Not a reception friendly environment and Never Will Be a reception friendly environment.

If reception Situations/Problems happen inside the attic building that are not resolvable with antenna aim and location adjustments in the attic building.

Move the antenna Outside Above The Roof Building in such a manner that the attic , roof and building , are not , obstructing , impeding , blocking , reception in the directions of reception.