TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Aug-2011, 7:43 PM   #1
captnemo

Missing Channels

I installed an Antennacraft 5MS921 on my roof (we live on the side of a mountain in north vancouver), and when I ran the digital auto-discover on my Sony HDTV it "discovered" 13 channels, but all of them are from the seatlle area (50 miles + from my receiver). None of the local channels were discovered and most of these have the transmitter approximately 5 miles from my receiver. Am I doing something wrong?
captnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Aug-2011, 8:02 PM   #2
MisterMe

If your antenna and the transmitters are separated by a mountain, then the fact the transmitters are only five miles away is small comfort. The fifty miles between you and the Seattle transmitters is not a particularly long distance unless there are obstructions along the way.

My suggestion to you is to type in your address into the TV Fool TV Callsign Lookup dialog and to study the coverage map for each station that interests you. You might be surprised by what you see.

Last edited by MisterMe; 25-Aug-2011 at 8:05 PM.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Aug-2011, 9:19 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

If you post a link to your TV Fool report, we would be able to look at your specific situation. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=90

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Aug-2011, 9:34 PM   #4
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

Do what the other question askers do and make a tvfool radar report and post it in the this question you have all ready started here. http://forum.tvfool/showthread.php?t=4
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Aug-2011, 9:40 PM   #5
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

Mister Me I know you are doing you best to be help full , however you are sending the question askers off in odd directions and advice that takes them nowhere because they do not know what to do with it.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote