Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Sep-2012, 3:59 PM   #1
Seratt

Advice for new antenna and placement...

Hello all,

Here is my tvfool report.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e779f37ffa03d5

I would prefer an attic installation, however I do have a dish already on top of the house which I'm able to use to mount the antennae as well. I'm not sure if that will allow much benefit over attic installation however with where I live.

My attic is approx 35ft tall. There is nothing that would impede the signal as far as I can tell inside of the attic. There are trees around my house so I'll have to deal with those.

Thank you for any feedback!

Last edited by Seratt; 4-Sep-2012 at 4:19 PM.
Seratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Sep-2012, 5:58 PM   #2
teleview

ALL questions and answers about broadcast tv reception and More.

The following is a Teleview - recommendation for digital broadcast Tv reception.

In the attic install a Winegard HD7696P antenna , with no preamp , aimed at about 250 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

For 1 Tv connected use no splitter.

For 2 Tv's connected use a common simple 2 way splitter.

For 3 Tv's connected use a common simple 3 way splitter.

For 4 Tv's connected use a common simple 4 way splitter.

The HD7696P antenna is not designed to receive the low band Tv channels of 02 thru 06.

There is a channel 04 Tv station that is not transmitting yet.

KAHO-LD 04 , A Religion Tv station.

http://houstondtv.wordpress.com/tag/kaho.

If you will like to receive it (or if other low band stations begin transmitting) then install a Winegard HD7082P antenna.

A Separate VHF Low Band channels 2 thru 6 antenna can be added later if a low band Tv station comes on the air with something you might like to receive.

As always , trees and tree leaves do a real fine job of reducing or blocking Tv reception and so buildings and other obstructions.

It is best to install the antenna at a location that has the least amount to no amount of trees or other obstructions in the direction of reception.

The Tv/s Must Channel Scan for the Broadcast Tv Channels , sometimes named the 'Air Channels' or 'Antenna Channels' in the Tv setup menu because the Tv transmissions travel through the air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

DO NOT channel scan for cable tv channels.

Religion Tv stations are 'noted' for doing this moving and other tricks to get the the Tv station in a situation where they can take advantage of the FCC Federal Communications Commission rules for Must Carry. Must Carry is a rule that states that a Cable Tv System must carry some local Tv stations on the cable Tv system.

So you say , well that sounds good.

It does sound good until you find out that the Religion Tv station is not really interested in transmitting a broadcast Tv signal to the population at large , they are only using the Tv transmitter to get on the cable Tv system.

You see , like every thing else it's about the money , the Religion Tv station would not be able to support it's self with a broadcast signal only , the donations would not be there.

To be fair , some other small Tv stations do this to but not as much as religion broadcasters.

Other Tv stations sell commercial air time that support the Tv station and make a living for the owner and employes.

And many commercial Tv stations are not on cable systems.

And to be fair , PBS stations do this also , however Most PBS stations also transmit a high power signal and are in fact transmitting to the population.

And PBS stations do not resort to tricks to get on cable systems.

Last edited by teleview; 4-Sep-2012 at 9:49 PM.
Old 4-Sep-2012, 6:26 PM   #3
Seratt

Thank you for your help teleview.

I ordered from amazon today, should be here mid-next week. I'll post back with results after installation.

Regards!
Seratt is offline   Reply With Quote