TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-May-2014, 5:58 PM   #1
lvhotrain

Help with antenna choice - NE PA

Hello,

I'm working with a contractor through Radioshack, so my options are limited to anything Radioshack sells. My only concerns are getting the major channels at 319/320 degrees. There will be a splitter to two tvs.
Link to report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c6363fc084f6.
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
lvhotrain

Last edited by lvhotrain; 30-May-2014 at 6:01 PM.
lvhotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-May-2014, 2:06 AM   #2
teleview

+=>

Above the Peak of the Roof in such a manner that the roof and building are not , obstructing , impeding , blocking , reception in the direction of , North , North West.

Install a , http://www.antennacraft.com.

U8000 UHF antenna aimed at about 357 degree magnetic compass direction.

The reason for 357 degree is to receive WSWB , UHF channel 31 , That has the CW and -->Me-Tv.

And the main group of UHF Tv stations/channels to the North West at 331/332 degrees magnetic compass direction will also be received because they are stronger signal strength.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Use a Real and Actual magnetic compass the aim antennas , do not trust a cell phone , tablet or etc. compass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also install a

http://www.antennacraft.net.

Y5-7-13 VHF high band channels 7 thru 13 antenna aimed at about 331 degree magnetic compass direction for reception of , WYOU-DT , Real VHF high band channel 13 , (virt) virtual number (22.1) CBS.

----------------------------------------------------------

On the same antenna mast pipe install the Y5-7-13 antenna about 3 feet below the U8000 antenna.

Home Depot has , 10 foot 6 inch , 1 and 3/8 inch diameter , TOP RAIL , chain link fence , PIPE , that makes good antenna mast pipe , the cost is low at about 10 dollars.

----------------------------

Install a , http://www.antennacraft.net.

10G221 preamplifier.

Connect the U8000 UHF antenna to the UHF connection of the preamp.

Connect the Y5-7-13 VHF antenna to the VHF connection of the preamp.

As always , trees and tree leaves , plants and plant leaves , have a Negative Effect on Broadcast Tv Reception and so do buildings and other obstructions including your own roof and building.

Some and not all Negative Effects are.

Absorbing and Blocking Reception.

Multi-Path Reflecting Tv Signals Bouncing All Around.

The Best Practice for Reliable Reception is to Install the Antennas at a Location that has the Least Amount to No Amount of Obstructions in the Directions of Reception Including Your Own Roof and Building.

The directions of reception at your location are , North West , North.

The Tv/s Must Channel Scan for the , OTA=Over The Air , ATSC-Digital Broadcast Tv Stations/Channels , often named the ~ Antenna Channels ~ ATSC Channels ~ DTV Channels ~ Air Channels ~ because the Tv transmissions travel through the Air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

DO NOT channel scan for Cable Tv Channels.

DO NOT channel scan for only Analog NTSC channels.

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and Select and Channel Scan for ~ Antenna Channels ~ ATSC Channels ~ DTV Channels ~ Air Channels.

Last edited by teleview; 1-Jun-2014 at 3:44 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 3-Jun-2014, 5:36 PM   #3
lvhotrain

Thank you for the information!
Old 3-Jun-2014, 7:34 PM   #4
lvhotrain

Single Direction antenna?

Would an single antenna such as the HD1200 or HBU33 work for WBRE, WYOU, WNEP and WOLF? I'm not really concerned about the CW or ME-TV.

Last edited by lvhotrain; 3-Jun-2014 at 8:01 PM.
Old 3-Jun-2014, 9:47 PM   #5
teleview

+=>

Install a , HBU33 antenna and a 10G201 preamplifier.
Old 4-Jun-2014, 12:34 AM   #6
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhotrain View Post
Would an single antenna such as the HD1200 or HBU33 work for WBRE, WYOU, WNEP and WOLF?
I'd suggest the HBU33. The HD1200 has low band VHF elements that you don't need.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote