TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 22-Oct-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Orion0485

Channels with or without rotator

Hi All,

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae3b8bd6c802

I'm about to install an antenna craft hdx1000 on my roof. I read good reviews about this antenna, is it sufficient for my reception area? I was planning on pointing it at true north in hopes of getting the channels near 330 deg and the channels near 30 deg. Is this the way to go or should I look into an antenna rotator?
Orion0485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Oct-2013, 6:12 PM   #2
teleview

Practical and Useful Information.

You have the HDX 1000 .

Yes the antenna is sufficient for reception at your location.

Yes aim the antenna at about 0 degree magnetic compass direction.

No rotator is required.

Should be able to receive the Tv stations to the , north west , north , north east , Ok.

Last edited by teleview; 22-Oct-2013 at 9:32 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 23-Oct-2013, 3:03 AM   #3
teleview

Install the antenna above the roof in such a manner that the roof and building are not , obstructing , impeding , blocking , reception in the directions of , north west , north , north east , south west , south.

As always , trees and tree leaves , plants and plant leaves , have a Negative Effect on Booadcast Tv Reception

Multi-path reflections signals bouncing all around.

Absorbing , blocking , reception.

And so do buildings and other obstructions including your own roof and house.

The Best Pratice is to install the antenna at a location that has the least amount to no amount of obstructions of any type or kind in the directions of reception including your own roof and house.

----------

The Tv/s Must Channel Scan for the , OTA=Over The Air , Digital Broadcast Tv stations/channels , often named the 'DTV Channels' ~ 'Air Channels' ~ 'Antenna Channels' , in the Tv Setup Menu because the Tv transmissions travel through the Air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

Some digital Tv's will Automatic channel scan for cable Tv channels.

DO NOT channel scan for cable Tv channels.

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and select , DTV Channels ~ Air Channels ~ Antenna Channels.

Scan for channels.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 4-May-2014 at 5:25 AM. Reason: Deleting 'boiler plate' spam style content & off topic content