TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 16-Feb-2015, 6:21 PM   #1
bordertown

Smile Help with reception on Hilly Area

First of all thanks to all for your contributions.

This is my current situation:

I'm Located in Nogales, Mexico since it's a border city between Arizona and range of the US near antennas seems to be a doable project either buy or make my own antennas. I know based on my current situation it will be hard to get a good signal since in front of my house (around 150-200ft) is hill blocking my view.

Since in Mexico TV broadcasters they just started to make analog to digital transition I want to expand my view to Tucson, AZ local TV stations.

I bought a 91XG TV antenna and I mount on the roof, so my situation was that I have a small window to see PBS Channel 27 and hard to get a good signal of Univision 47, but nothing on the other. As I mention on the beginning of my post in Nogales they just start the transition to Digital and my PBS and Univision now they are gone.

I will like to get the networks ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC if it's possible from my house.

Here is my report using exact coordinates:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15823745d897

Please help me to understand what I can get.

P.S. I do have cable so I want to expand my current options.
bordertown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Feb-2015, 6:49 PM   #2
Jake V

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your OTA option are essentially limited to the first two channels on your list. XEFA would be easy to receive. KHRR (Tel) would be more difficult but possible. Your next channel has a signal level of -9.8 dB. That's going to be impossible to pull in. If the hill in front of your house is in the direction of Tuscon, you'd probably have to get above it to get a decent signal (assuming there are no other big hills blocking the signals from Tuscon).
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Feb-2015, 8:58 PM   #3
bordertown

No problem, thanks for your help Jake V. I really appreciate it your time.
bordertown is offline   Reply With Quote