TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics

Notices

Old 26-Dec-2014, 3:04 AM   #1
TDiddy

Unhappy Amplifier cutting out/signal loss

Hi gang... My first post. I am hoping someone can help me.

I have a Clearstream 2 antenna. I was running a Channel Master cm0747 to boost the signal (something the installer gave me). It worked brilliantly for the first year, but then failed.

I tried using a few other boosters, but none gave me the same quality and pulled in the same amount of channels as the cm0747.

I did find a replacement cm 0747, and it worked well for a few weeks and then stopped working. I then tried the apa1260315surh power supply, and that worked brilliantly.

But it too is cutting out on a regular basis, for hours or days at a time. But it will start working again randomly.

Anyone have any idea what is happening here? When it works, I get 40 plus channels. When it fails, I get 3.

The antenna is mounted on the chimney, and I have about 65 feet of cable. I have it split 3 ways after the power supply. Thanks!
TDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Dec-2014, 2:22 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

The CM0747 is not an amplifier, it's a power supply for use with certain Channel Master preamplifiers including the discontinued CM 7777 & CM7778 models. The CM0747 cannot be used by itself, it must be used with a compatible masthead amplifier.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Dec-2014, 2:23 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

For assistance, please post in the "Help with reception" area. Include the requested information that's identified in the "Sticky" posts.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote