TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Sep-2012, 4:18 AM   #21
RickInNJ

Quick followup to this thread. Finally got the Winegard HD7084P up this past weekend. Pointing it at NYC and getting the Philly stations from the back as suggested above.

Got ~35 channels (to some level) without a pre-amp. [Again, we live in a *very* wooded area with lots of leaves in the direction of the NYC and Philly antennas.]

Added in the Winegard AP8700 pre-amp and got ~52 channels, and much more solid signals for some of the weaker channels.

Will do some more pointing tests this weekend but it already seems like a success.

Thanks again to all who helped here.
RickInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Sep-2012, 5:16 AM   #22
teleview

ALL questions and answers about broadcast tv reception and More.

Thank you for installing the HD7084P antenna , it is a big antenna , and as such , receives more signal.

I am interested in the reception of , WKOB-LD VHF low band channel 2 , at 60 degree magnetic compass direction , one of the networks is History of Television.

And I am interested in the reception of , WPVI VHF low band channel 6 ABC , at 254 degree magnetic compass direction.

I am not interested in the programing.

I am interested in the reception ,

any drop outs??

reception during the day time and night time.

reception during clear weather and stormy weather.

Reason:

VHF low band channels 2 thru 6 are effected more by natural interference such as lighting and the sun , and human made interference such as electric and electronic transmissions.