TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 27-Dec-2013, 8:23 PM   #1
bulldog

rural ,Tn

I would like recommendations for an antenna and pre amp if needed for the following area mcminnville tn 37110,already have a rotator if needed and 30 ft heighth
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Dec-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
teleview

+=>
------
Please make and post a Tvfool radar report and channel list.

Go to the tvool home page.

Click on >>Start MAPS<<.

Enter Exact address.

Make the antenna height in the report 25 feet above ground.

Post the report.

If the Exact address does not work.

Enter the zip code and move the pointer to the Exact reception location.

Make the antenna height in the report 25 feet above ground.

Post the report so the correct reception information can be provided for reception at your location.
Old 28-Dec-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
bulldog

rural tn

here are my radar reports
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae53efb226ef
any help will be appreciated
Old 28-Dec-2013, 3:01 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

Your success depends on having a mounting location that's clear of obstructions such as trees. It looks as if we talked about a 40' tower back in 2011. Is that still possible? If so, would that put the antenna above nearby obstructions?

You mentioned a CM-3671 at that time. Did you ever try it? If so, how high was it mounted?

Since we last talked, WTVF has moved their primary broadcast operation to real CH-25. That means that you no longer need the long element of the CM-3671 to receive WTVF.

If you have no equipment at this point, I'd suggest an Antennas Direct 91XG + Antennacraft Y10713 + RCA TVPRAMP1R preamplifier. Again, success depends on having the ability to mount clear of obstructions such as trees or nearby buildings. I'd start with the 91XG pointed toward 315° and the Y10713 pointed at 300° (compass).

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Dec-2013, 4:02 PM   #5
teleview

+=>
-----
Previous Tvfool report.

http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=1429.

Since your last post in year 2011 , what reception devices have been installed??

What is the reception situation now??

Last edited by teleview; 29-Dec-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 29-Dec-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
bulldog

This setup is for my mothers home.I have the channelmaster antenna at 30 ft with a winegard pre amp reception is good here.Nashville at 300 degrees,chattanooga at 110 and Huntsville at 200.I tried a winegard hd8200 at her place but can only pick up Nashville ch2 and 4 Chattanooga 9 and 12.Her place is only 300 ft from mine.I cant figure it out,its like the winegard doesn't want to receive any high band uhf signals
Old 29-Dec-2013, 2:38 AM   #7
teleview

+=>
-----
The most common situation/problem with the HD8200U and HD7084P and HD769(x) antennas is the antenna is not assembled correctly.

The phasing lines must not be touching the boom , the phasing lines must be installed in the connecting box correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlQke5QYbng.

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/1450292.pdf.

------------

To prove reception , connect a NEW Continues Length of Coax from the antenna to 1 Tv.

No splitters , No couplers , No coax ground block , No nothing.

It is the , Antenna , the Continues Length of coax , the Tv.

Digital Broadcast Tv Tuners can develop - Digital Glitches - that are not cleared out with simple channel scans.

To clear tuner do Double Rescan.

http://www.wchstv.com/DoubleReScanAlert.pdf.

Test reception , without , and , with , a antenna system amplifier.

If Testing reception without a preamplifier then All parts of the preamplifier must be removed , remove the preamplifier , remove the power injector , remove the power supply.

As always , trees and tree leaves , plants and plant leaves , have a Negative Effect on Broadcast Tv Reception and so do buildings and other obstructions including your own roof and building.

Some and not all Negative Effects are

Absorbing , Blocking , Reception.

Multi-Path Reflecting Tv Signals Bouncing All Around.

The Best Practice is to install the antenna at a location that has the least amount to no amount of obstructions of any type or kind in the directions of reception including your own roof and building.

Aim the antenna at about 314 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antenna , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Use a Real and Actual magnetic compass to aim antenna.

As always , the starting antenna aim direction is the -->starting antenna aim direction.

The antenna aim direction can be adjusted for best reception.

Most Digital Tv's have a , Signal Strength Meter , and some Digital Tv's also have a , Signal Quality Meter , the meters can be used to help get the best reception.

The tvfool report , Tv call sign and channel list columns show the - REAL Channel - that is Transmitted and Received and the (virt) virtual number.

The Real Channel that is transmitted and received is the -->Real Channel that is transmitted and received.

Last edited by teleview; 29-Dec-2013 at 7:26 AM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 29-Dec-2013, 4:40 AM   #8
GroundUrMast

300' is not too far to consider running a drop off of your system if there's no problem with right of way. For a 300' run, I'd use RG-11. A CM-3410 would be enough amplifier to drive that distance. (Running cable between two locations served by separate electrical services can be tricky if there is a significant difference in ground potential between the locations. Proper grounding methods need to be used at both locations.)

However, I would make every effort to make the HD8200 work, including the suggestions already offered by teleview, and, if possible, alternate mounting location/elevation (avoid the trees).

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 29-Dec-2013 at 4:49 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote