TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 6-Apr-2015, 1:38 PM   #1
ren1310

Suggestions on which antenna

Hello all,
Looking for some suggestions on which would be best antenna for me.
Here is my tvfool report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0762cb84967

I am just looking for the major networks channels ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX

they are all in philly (268degres) on the map.

will probably mount on the roof of single story ranch house. There are some large trees around my house particularly in that west direction so I am a little worried about that. I currently do not have any antenna setup right now. I did get some recommendations for the db8e but not sure.

also to add to this i will only be connecting to one TV

thanks all for your help and recommendations appreciate it!

Last edited by ren1310; 6-Apr-2015 at 3:23 PM.
ren1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Apr-2015, 4:58 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

The DB8e is not a single antenna solution as you have both low-VHF and high-VHF major stations in Philly. You could use it in combination with an additional 2-13 antenna and take advantage of its superior UHF performance, but it would leave major channels (ABC and PBS) at substantial risk of not being received if you used it by itself.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Apr-2015, 5:06 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

WPVI (real CH-6) will be the most challenging signal due to elevated noise / interference in the frequency range that channel uses. I'd go for an antenna that offers quite a bit of gain in the L-VHF range (real CH2 through CH-6). The Winegard HD7084P and Channel Master CM3018 (Advantage 60) come to mind.

Avoid aiming through trees if at all possible.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Apr-2015, 5:50 PM   #4
ren1310

thanks for the responses, of course there is no way of knowing for sure but do you think i would get away with having the Winegard HD7084P in the attic?

another side questions are you at all familar with the RCA Outdoor Digital HDTV VHF UHF FM Yagi Antenna ANT3036X? would that be comparable to the other two you recommended? i cant find info on if it has a good low and high vhf as you mentioned.

Thanks

Last edited by ren1310; 6-Apr-2015 at 6:18 PM.
Old 7-Apr-2015, 3:09 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

The RCA ANT3036X is a similar antenna, though RCA does not offer any gain specifications in their ad copy.

Every attic is different. I'd opt for the Channel Master or RCA before trying the Winegard in an attic. The reason I'd avoid the Winegard in an attic application is due to the common reports of it being difficult to re-fold without damage if you need to remove it from the attic.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Apr-2015, 1:04 PM   #6
ren1310

Thanks for those tips groundUrmast i am going with the channel master and will post by results when i get it up and running.