TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 12-Dec-2010, 8:05 PM   #21
dePorange

Update!

It worked!

I've received everything except for the combiner (backordered), so I detached the bowtie antenna and went ahead and setup the YA1713, added the FM trap, and connected to the tuner. The problem channel WLOS now appears with a strength of about 70 (on the TiVo scale of 100), up from 0 to 25. It's sensitive and I'm still tweaking the orientation, but I'm very happy so thanks for your guidance.

Interestingly (to me at least), this VHF antenna is also picking up UHF channel NBC WYFF 36. I did lose the Fox and CW UHF channels - hopefully all will be good when I can combine the VHF and bowtie antennas with the UVSJ.
dePorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Dec-2010, 10:06 PM   #22
Esteban

I am fairly new to all this , too. The guys on here helped me out a lot.
ONE thing I can add, is that I used to live in your area & WLOS Channel 13 , can be tricky to pick up in some areas. There are is a mountain, rolling hills, forests , other towers that may interfere with reception. Moving the antenna slightly may get it zeroed in better for that channel. Keep tinkering, but you will do much better getting it outside.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2011, 1:35 AM   #23
dePorange

Okay - everything is reconnected and everything works as I had hoped. Thank you so much!
dePorange is offline   Reply With Quote