Old 20-Mar-2012, 9:42 PM   #1
dennisp

Best ant. for area. Samsung 550 HDTV

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b864b5df936bf
dennisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Mar-2012, 2:45 AM   #2
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

You read and you see the information that the other question askers provide and you choose to provide almost no information at all. Is this a , house , condo , townhome , apartment , mobile home , motor home , house boat , motel room , card board box , or etc.?? Are there any close tall buildings to the , north and a little east , the north east and east?? How about big trees?? How many tv's are/will be connected??

Last edited by Electron; 21-Mar-2012 at 3:17 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Mar-2012, 3:13 AM   #3
dennisp

Terk HDTVa ?

I live in a house, in a garage actually. Fully paneled garage, on top of a slight hill. Only going to use on 1 tv. I found a cheap philips sdv2210/27 that works surprisingly well, but some channel drop-outs. I've been dong research and read that the Terk HDTVa is good. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for your quick reply.
Old 21-Mar-2012, 3:38 AM   #4
Electron

What stations/channels are dropping out. As an example , KABC-TV 7 ABC or KPXN-DT 38 ION .
Old 21-Mar-2012, 3:49 AM   #5
dennisp

Right now its kcal 9, fox 11, and kcop 13. Pretty much all the others are clean.
Old 21-Mar-2012, 4:52 AM   #6
Electron

The digital Tv transmissions are VERY STRONG at your location. A amplified antenna of any type or kind will make the reception worse , the HDTVa amplifier antenna will overload from the VERY STRONG Tv transmissions and make the reception worse. The SDV2210/27 indoor antenna has that , so called fine tuning 12 position switch , it's near impossible to find a switch position that works with all channels , more trouble then it's worth. You can try putting the SDV2210/27 outside on the ,north , north east side of the garage , put the SDV2210/27 up high if you can so the reception will not be influnced by close buildings and etc. . The strong main signals and the strong reflected signals from buildings and mountains are disrupting reception. Start with aiming the SDV2210/27 antenna at about 15 degree magnetic compass , here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html , and turn the antenna to find the best reception.

Last edited by Electron; 21-Mar-2012 at 5:40 AM.
Old 21-Mar-2012, 5:05 AM   #7
dennisp

Terk HDTVa ?

WOW, good stuff, but it has to stay inside, no way it can be mounted outside.
Old 21-Mar-2012, 5:33 AM   #8
Electron

Put the SDV2210/27 in a window that is in the direction of north. Way do you say that the antenna can not go outside?? Is there a attic with the garage.

Last edited by Electron; 21-Mar-2012 at 6:57 AM.
Old 21-Mar-2012, 4:57 PM   #9
Electron

Here is the Federal Law that says Yes you can install and use a outdoor roof top antenna. http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-r...n-devices-rule . Install a Winegard HD7210P antenna above the roof aimed at a starting aim direction of 15 degree magnetic compass.
Old 21-Mar-2012, 5:10 PM   #10
dennisp

Where I live I'm not allowed to mount anything, anywhere. Inside the garage is my ONLY option. The Philips is mounted in the north/east corner of the garage. This morning before I got out of bed, channel 11 and 9 came in briefly. When I got out of bed, no more. Right now, same as before, no channel 9, 11 or 13. I'll try messing with the rabbit ears.
Old 21-Mar-2012, 6:18 PM   #11
Electron

Is there an attic in the garage?? Higher is usually better for reception. Higher is usually better for reception even if their is no attic. get the antenna up high in the room. The HD7210P can be put inside of the garage.
Old 22-Mar-2012, 11:07 PM   #12
dennisp

Bought a RCA 1450br at Walmart. Every channel comes in great. Thanks for your help and I highly recommend this product for the price point.