TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-May-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
kenuks

Post Lost HD channels

I have a channel master 9537.
I have a few HD tv's and I was trying to tweak the 9537 unit with one TV and ended up losing all but two HD channels on the other TV where I was really having no problems at all. On the TV I was originally working on I get no channels. I have tried rotating the antenna completely and no success. I tried to sync and again no changes.
I am not totally familiar with the unit however it seems relatively straightforward. Any input would help. I don't see what could have happened to lose the channels.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d17d106115cff
kenuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-May-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Have you verified that the antenna is actually rotating when the control indicates? How difficult will it be for you to check for damage to the coax and connection integrity at the antenna / rotator?

Kinked, pinched, cut, loose, broken or corroded are all undesirable adjectives when describing antenna system components.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 16-May-2011 at 5:03 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-May-2011, 1:06 AM   #3
kenuks

Yes I checked and the antenna is rotating as it should.
I can get on the roof next weekend and check connections.
It just seems very strange that this happened while I was adjustng the Channel Master today. I could see the signal changing on the TV I was working on throygh the TV menu.
I belive the problem may have started when I pressed the sync button the Channel Master. The other TV lost the channels and there was no more fluctuations on the signal rate at the TV I was working on.
I checked further and I have a third TV that gets the same channels,
kenuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-May-2011, 1:46 AM   #4
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

What is the antenna that is being used?? Point the antenna at about 356 degree magnetic compass and many hd channels should come in , if not , then coax wiring problems. Here is how to point Tv antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing/html

Last edited by John Candle; 16-May-2011 at 1:53 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-May-2011, 5:03 AM   #5
GroundUrMast

The CM-9521 rotator and 9537 controller do not share wire/coax with the signal from the antenna. I can't think of a failure in any part of the rotator system that would cause interruption of the signal from the antenna so long as the antenna is pointing in the right direction. This sounds like movement of the antenna caused something to come loose or break.

http://www.channelmaster.com/v/vspfi...july10_web.pdf

"Syncing" the controller and rotator can cause a nearly full rotation of the antenna. If there was existing wear or stress of the coax, a "Sync" operation could cause final failure of the coax, leaving the rotator operational but the signal from the antenna disconnected.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote