TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 16-May-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
mbranham87

Southern Indiana cutting the cord!

Here is my tvfool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...57479e6cc0c25b

I am about 75 miles from both Indianapolis & Louisville & would like to be able to receive ABC, CBS, NBC & FOX from both.

I have been reading forums and doing research on lots of antenna options and I am ready to make a move soon. I'm open to advice for the best antenna options. I would prefer to use a mast roof mount due to many large trees in my back yard reducing visibility to the north & south. I will need a VHF/UHF antenna due to Indy channels in the lower VHF range.
mbranham87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-May-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

How many Tv's will be connected?? Read and understand about , REAL Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , Virtual Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , Analog Tv Channels , http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=695

Last edited by John Candle; 17-May-2011 at 12:05 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-May-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
mbranham87

Six TV's. Four bedrooms, living room & family room.
mbranham87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-May-2011, 2:17 AM   #4
GroundUrMast

Antenna selection is based on the real channel, not the virtual or display channel number. There are no low VHF transmitters indicated on your TV Fool report.

With the exception of WHAS, real channel 11, the Louisville stations are receivable with a large UHF antenna such as the Antennas Direct XG91 or Winegard HD9095P. Reception of WHAS would require a high band VHF such as the Winegard YA-1713 or Antennacraft Y10713. A dual input preamp such as the Antennacraft 10G221 would combine the signals from the two antennas into a common coax down-lead.

Unless you are able to consider a tower in excess of 100 feet high, reception of Indianapolis stations is not possible. For example, WRTV (ABC) is a tropospheric path with adjacent and co-channel interference and the predicted signal strength at 30' AGL is at least 15 dB lower than capability of the largest consumer grade antennas.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote