TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Mar-2012, 1:25 PM   #1
tholder65

antenna/amp recommendation(s) for central NC

Would like a recommendation on what antenna to replace Antennacraft Mini-State SM740 I purchased about 12 years ago. Originally put this antenna in my attic, but it did not perform well at all. Recently ditched satellite and moved antennal outside at a height of 25-30 ft. It does really well there except for channels 48 and 49, my local fox and cbs. Early to mid afternoon for these tends to drop out frequently, even worse on windy days. TvFool http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b8678351a3e3b for these shows I don't get the greatest of signals and it doesnt help that I'm sort of down in a low area of town I'm sure. I do have some pine trees, but no other large objects. The mini-state has it's own amp and I leave it pointed toward the large group at around 50 degrees and can still pull in 25 for public tv. I even get 35, 16, and 31 pretty well on my Samsung tv that seems to have a better tuner. The only VHF is 11, but I need it as its the only ABC anywhere close. However, I also have 38 almost in my back yard, which probably doesnt help with amplification, and it's a spanish carrier I care nothing about. I'm thinking an antenna with better gain might get me over the hump. 3 tv's now, but may go to 4 later. thanks in advance.
tholder65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Mar-2012, 3:21 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

I would expect a Winegard HD7694P (or any of it's larger variants up to the 7698 ) would provide the directivity needed to overcome the suspected multipath as well as the moderate to low signal levels.

You may not need amplification, try with you existing splitter. If it has a fourth port, and you prove the need for an amplifier, use a CM-3410. If you need amplification and a 4-way splitter, use the CM-3414.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Mar-2012, 1:38 AM   #3
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

Install a Winegard HD7694P antenna aimed at about 30 degree magnetic compass. The reason for the aim direction is to get a stronger signal of WUNC-Tv , UHF channel 25 PBS.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote