TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Aug-2011, 2:06 PM   #21
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
Ok , for the coax wiring. The U4000 antenna and preamp will have coax that goes to a location where there is power for the preamp and the coax can be split with a 2 way splitter , one output of the 2 way splitter goes to one Tv and the other output of the 2way splitter goes to the other Tv. . The coax of the second antenna the HD7694P antenna will go to the same location and a 2 way splitter is connected to the coax of the second antenna and the outputs of the splitter go to the two Tv's. Connect the coaxes to the remote control A/B antenna switches , the locations of the A/B antenna switches is at the Tv's , and the output of switches connect to the Tv's. Now with the remote control in your hand you can change antennas with out leaving your chair.
Neither the U4000 nor the HD7694P has enough gain to pick up a FOX station.

The 91XG has the most gain on channel 45, but even then it will be unreliable.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Aug-2011, 2:18 PM   #22
flyingramondo

Much thanks to all of you for your time and input concerning my dilemma with Fox. It looks like my best course of action is to not chase after Fox but to wait for it to come to me. I'm a committed non supporter of cable or satelite so until Fox is back in my area or the NFC football games move to a different broadcaster I'll have to do without NFC football games. Worse things have happpened.

But from the advice given I believe I will very soon set up a system very similar to the one advised by John. There appears to be many channels out there for me to be able to pick up without a great deal of expense. I'll start with my existing antenna aimed at 208 degrees and purchase a U4000 to be used with existing pre-amp (to be upgraded to the CPA-19 if needed) to get what I can from the Indy direction. Thanks John for the wiring directions.
flyingramondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Aug-2011, 3:38 PM   #23
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingramondo View Post
purchase a U4000 to be used with existing pre-amp (to be upgraded to the CPA-19 if needed) to get what I can from the Indy direction.
The likelihood of picking up INDY with a U4000 is close to zero. Consider a 91XG instead.
Old 26-Aug-2011, 1:13 PM   #24
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingramondo View Post
Where I live I have been fine until our Fox station is converted to ABC.
This was released yesterday:

Fox Broadcasting Co. has signed an affiliation agreement with LIN Television Corp., owner of WTHI Terre Haute, Ind. (DMA 152), to launch a new Fox affiliate on a subchannel.

The new station, which is expected to air Sept. 1, will be known as MyFox10. The station will operate out of WTHI’s digital broadcasting studio
Old 26-Aug-2011, 1:21 PM   #25
flyingramondo

Thanks Tower Guy. I just saw the announcement on chan 10 news this morning. Looks like Fox came to me and brought ABC with it. WOO HOO, YIPEE!

Because of the wonderful input from those that have responded to my post I'm still going to consider upgrading my antenna system. I would like to grab some of the low hanging fruit out there that could be within my reach.

Thanks again to you guys.
flyingramondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Aug-2011, 6:05 PM   #26
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

As I said , I thought Fox would move to WTHI and it did. As a matter of fact the Networks will and are singing on in the digital sub channels of Tv stations transmitters. I have been saying for sometime, the Low Power Tv Stations should band together , buy digital transmitters and lease the main channel and sub channels. The owners of these Low Power Tv stations could then retire and never work the rest of there lives. But then who listens to me??
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote