TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Jan-2014, 3:29 PM   #1
sudheeshb

Help in Bay Area - Santa Clara

Hello,

I have attached the TV Signal Analysis.

I live in the ground floor of an apartment in Santa Clara , Bay area ( 95054 ). I recently moved in here and do not want to pay for cable. My living room glass walls on one side.

I would like to get ION, KRON , ABC and KQED. I currently have Mohu leaf plus ( with amplifier ). This gives doesn't give ION but I was able to get other channels, (after many trials) but the reception quality was not consistent. The video gets blocks and disappears often in a day.

Is there any better antenna that I can use in this area?. How about Terk FDTV2A?. I am thinking of buying it.

Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Radar-All.png (129.8 KB, 524 views)
sudheeshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2014, 4:05 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Unless your window faces San Francisco, the odds of any indoor antenna working well are quite low.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2014, 4:35 PM   #3
sudheeshb

Thanks for the reply. I do have a small window faces towards San Francisco ( surrounded by buildings ), but I don't get much reception here when I placed Mohu leaf here. I currently I have placed Mohu leaf in a the glass door which faces more towards San Jose.

Is there any other antenna that can do better job than Mohu leaf in this area?
Old 5-Jan-2014, 4:35 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

I would expect the Terk FDTV2A to perform about the same as the Mohu Leaf. As ADTech has said, you're at a disadvantage to start with given the indoor setting.

Consider the RCA ANT-751. Even though it's an outdoor design, it's small enough for some indoor applications. However, like any other antenna, it won't work well if blocked by building(s) or vegetation.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2014, 5:05 PM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

There aren't any stations in the direction of San Jose until you get to the Santa Barbara stations. All of the major Bay area stations have their transmitters located on the south edge of the city of San Francisco. There are a few transmitters on Mt Morrison, 8 miles to your northeast.

Regrettably, there are a fair number of indoor locations where an indoor antenna simply won't work, regardless of your effort and your antenna selection.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2014, 5:07 PM   #6
teleview

+=>
-----
As you can see looking at the , Digital Current Plus Pending Applications Included Tvfool Radar Report and Channel List , the Main Groups of Digital Broadcast TV Stations/Channels are the directions of , North West , North , North East.

Move to a apartment that has a good unobstructed or less obstructed view to the , North West , North , North East.

The less obstructions in the directions of reception the better for reception.

And No Obstructions in the directions of reception is the Best For Reception.

-----------

As Always , the inside of buildings and attics , Are Not a reception friendly environment and Never Will Be a reception friendly environment for Broadcast Tv reception.
Old 5-Jan-2014, 8:45 PM   #7
sudheeshb

Thanks for the replies. It really helps.
Old 6-Jan-2014, 4:19 AM   #8
sudheeshb

Some updates..

After doing lots of experiments with antenna positioning, finally I could the channels that I am looking for. The signal strength seems to be Ok so far. Not sure whether it is going to drop later or in bad weather.

I placed the Mohu leaf antenna in glass wall facing south west. This place is less obstructed with buildings.

Thanks for the helps.