TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 12-Apr-2012, 7:37 PM   #1
DaveBB

Antenna installed no signal?

Hello Everyone,

I just got my Winegard HD7698P antenna with a rotor and pre-amp installed.
As suggested by the help of everyone on this site thanks again. My problem is I don't pick up any signal from any stations. Could I have done something wrong with the installation? Where do I start to figure out if I did something wrong. Could I have not installed the ends of the coax right they seemed good. I did run a guy wire from the antenna to the house so that the rotor and coax would be in the air instead of laying on the ground for 125'. I wrapped the coax and rotor wire around guy wire and used plastic ties around them to keep them secure. Would this cause a problem. Please help me try and figure this out.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm attaching a link to my tvfool report if that will help

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...36160dc450e920

Thanks Again,
Dave
DaveBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Apr-2012, 8:27 PM   #2
Dave Loudin

Just a couple of checklist items:

Antenna pointed at 260 degrees?
Power injector for preamp is installed?
TV set to AIR or ANTENNA instead of CABLE?

Try entering the Real RF channels for your stations, starting with 43, to see if you can get a lock.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Apr-2012, 9:47 PM   #3
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

The tv/s Must Scan for the Digital Broadcast Tv Channels sometimes named the 'Air Channels' or 'Antenna Channels" in the tv set up menu because the tv transmissions travel through the air from the transmitting antenna to your receiving antenna. Do Not scan for cable tv channels.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Apr-2012, 9:58 PM   #4
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

KFXB is a Very Strong signal. If that station is not being received then something is wrong some where. As a test , remove ALL of the amplifier , the outside part the inside part , the power supply , the power injector , the point is remove ALL. Run a known to be good coax from the antenna direct to one tv , no splitters , no couplers , scan for the Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , Do Not scan for cable tv channels.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote