TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-Jan-2014, 8:11 PM   #1
jrstriker12

Need Help with Equipment Selection - Herndon, VA

Here are my TV Fool Signal Analysis Results: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aeb5f9e448b0

I'm mostly concerned with the local NBC, ABC, CBS affiliates as this TV is in my bedroom and we mainly use it for news/weather/traffic/school closure info in the mornings.

I was hoping we could use an indoor antenna and place it in the bedroom, which is on the 3rd floor floor of our house. The TV in the bedroom is in an extension with windows on two sides. Bottom floor is the ground floor, so were at least 25+ feet above ground. We are in a development of townhouses.

From this analysis, looks like we could use an indoor antenna, but when I ran a similar report on antennaweb.org, it seems to suggest using a outdoor antenna. Any guidance on indoor vs outdoor vs attic mounted?

If I have to do outdoor, any info on finding an installer? I don't have a 30 ft+ ladder and I'm not sure I'd trust myself with the install. IIRC, we did have coax put in for a roof mounted dish.

Thanks for your assistance!
jrstriker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Jan-2014, 11:56 PM   #2
teleview

+=>
-----
The Main group of Digital Broadcast Tv Station Transmitters are to the , East.

In/at a , East , South East , facing window , put a Terk HDTVi antenna , (not HDTVa) , aimed at about 100 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim indoor and outdoor antennas , www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html

Use a Real and Actual magnetic compass to aim antenna.

The Digital Tv/s Must Channel Scan for the , OTA=Over The Air , ATSC - Digital Broadcast Tv Stations/Channels , often named the ~ Antenna Channels ~ DTV Channels ~ Air Channels ~ in the Tv Setup Menu because the Tv transmissions travel through the Air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

Some Digital Tv's will Automatic channel scan to cable Tv channels.

DO NOT channels scan for cable Tv channels.

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and select ~ Antenna Channels ~ DTV Channels ~ Air Channels ~.

Scan for the , ATSC - Digital Broadcast Tv Channels.
Old 5-Jan-2014, 2:53 AM   #3
teleview

+=>
-----
You can also put the , HDTVi in the the attic and connect to the coax system.

You can install a , http://www.antennacraft.net , HBU11 antenna in the the attic.

Here is how to aim indoor and outdoor type antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

If better reception is required , move the HBU11 antenna to Above the Peak of the Roof.

If any type or kind of cable delivered service is active , be it , cable internet service , cable tv service , cable phone service.

The cable delivered service Must Be On A Separate Coax.

Not connected to the antenna system coaxes.